FEL bucket not staying up

/ FEL bucket not staying up
Well...put new seal kits on today. Started the tractor and immediately it went to the dump mode !!! I didn't have the bucket hooked up. So I pulled the piston rods out to check if maybe I tore a seal when putting it in. All seals good. Scratching my head now...ugh ! Not sure what the problem is....maybe somehow there is some seals missing I didn't account for ? So will look at the parts diagram and make sure I can account for all the seals.Is there a certain madness in the sequence of how you put the piston in ? Like...do you have the piston all the way out or in when you put pressure on ? Any help would be appreciated....will start over in the morning !!

/ FEL bucket not staying up #42  
When you start the tractor unless you move the loader valve nothing should happen unless the valve is leaking by

When you start the tractor unless you move the loader valve nothing should happen unless the valve is leaking by

I didn't touch the joystick. This ran through my mind. So maybe one of the spools is stuck open to dump. Guess I could tap the valve and see if it frees itself up.

/ FEL bucket not staying up #44  
If you take the dump and curl quick connect off and put a gauge on it, If its leaking it will have pressure

/ FEL bucket not staying up #45  
Your cylinders are full of air which is compressible. Hook up the hydraulic lines and cycle the bucket back and forth from full dump to full curl six or eight times. That should purge the air out and leave you with just hydraulic fluid in the lines.

Aaron Z

If you take the dump and curl quick connect off and put a gauge on it, If its leaking it will have pressure

So I need to get a pressure gauge ( thats one tool I don't have ! ) and put a quick disconnect fitting on it so I can hook it up to the hyd line ?

/ FEL bucket not staying up #47  
Kenny's bolt on hooks a member here on TBN sells them a gauge setup

Kenny's bolt on hooks a member here on TBN sells them a gauge setup

Thanks for the link ! Do I get the 1/4" coupler or the 1/2" ? I will get both male and female.

Your cylinders are full of air which is compressible. Hook up the hydraulic lines and cycle the bucket back and forth from full dump to full curl six or eight times. That should purge the air out and leave you with just hydraulic fluid in the lines.

Aaron Z

I thought the same thing....did it numerous times with no help. Going to order me a hyd pressure gauge kit !

/ FEL bucket not staying up #50  
I don't know kenny will hook you up with the correct kit