Free Ford 1210

/ Free Ford 1210 #61  
Just read thru this and wondered how it turned out.

I have a 1210 hydro transmission and complete rear end I need to find a home for. I parted one out years ago and still have a bunch of hydro related parts like the trans and all the tubing etc... Mine is a gear drive so I never needed those.

They are great little tractors with limitations but definitely beat hand tools and human power!

/ Free Ford 1210 #62  

I have a 1210 hydro transmission and complete rear end I need to find a home for. I parted one out years ago and still have a bunch of hydro related parts like the trans and all the tubing etc... Mine is a gear drive so I never needed those.

They are great little tractors with limitations but definitely beat hand tools and human power!
I coerced a friend from TN to make a trip to West Virginia, and bring the 1210 back to Florida. Once I learned where ThePumpGuySC actually lived, I realized it was almost right on his path to Florida. Plus, I was on the same road as he was when he told me where he was at, hauling the 1210! I slowed down and waited on him, told him to stop in the rest area where I was at, so I got to see the 1210 before it went to ThePumpGuySC!
It gave ThePumpGuy a fight, both in finding parts and getting it to work! He kept me informed about all the issues as he went along, and it finally became a mission to get it to run! He also found some issues with the front cylinder, so for all practical purposes, it will need an engine at some point. Between fuel going after it, and repair costs, I am at break even with what the tractor is worth retail.
I put a 4' bush hog with tail wheel behind it yesterday, to do some trim work up at the Church. It lifts it fine, but makes the front end light, so I know it would never have worked as a firewood mover, without using some sort of lift mechanism for the totes. Coming home, I had it in high gear, high range, and I slowed down, then punched the accelerator. The front wheels came off the ground just from the throttle, in high gear! I really need to find those 3 front weights that I had for the 1100, as they will fit the 1210.
David from jax

/ Free Ford 1210 #63  

I would be interested in finding out just where in the Midwest you are located! I have a friend whose Dad has a 1210, bad hydro tranny. He is considering getting the 1210 parts machine (bell housing back) that I have and converting it his to gear drive. His Dad is getting old, and it isn't a high priority, so we haven't pushed it.
I actually purchased a 4x4 Ford lawnmower that uses the same engine block, hydro tranny, etc but it smokes like a chimney! Plus I don't think the front axle works. I will get around to checking it out further once I have all the other stuff I am behind on caught up!
Is there any sheet metal, wheels or anything else available with your parts?
David from jax