Front end goes out again!!!

/ Front end goes out again!!! #1  

Phillip w

Platinum Member
Tractor
allis Chalmers 185 and massey ferguson 1531
Well, here we go again. I was picking up rocks with my little massey. Had a pretty good load in the bucket. Was spinning and slid it in 4 wheel drive. POP SNAP POP. Oil running everywhere on left front hub. What a piece of crap. Just rebuilt it about a year ago. This is the 4th time front end has shelled. It is combersome, but got the allis out to finish the job. These little mf are definitely a light and i mean light duty tractor. So sad wgat agco has done to the mf line of equipment.

/ Front end goes out again!!! #2  
When it was spinning did you engage 4wd or did you let everything stop and engage it then?

Brett

/ Front end goes out again!!!
No, i came to a stop. After the 3rd rebuild agco kind of admitted that the front axles are this Particular model are weak if you are doing much loader work. But a bucket of rocks??? Please.

/ Front end goes out again!!! #4  
After the second rebuild and it shelled why not get a whole new front assembly

/ Front end goes out again!!! #5  
What kind of ballast are you using and how much weight is it?

Brett

/ Front end goes out again!!! #6  
Something isn't right. Front ends ARE NOT that fragile.

/ Front end goes out again!!! #7  
   / Front end goes out again!!! #8  
No, i came to a stop. After the 3rd rebuild agco kind of admitted that the front axles are this Particular model are weak if you are doing much loader work. But a bucket of rocks??? Please.

What load would you suggest is more challenging than rocks?? Maybe molten lead? or Gold?

/ Front end goes out again!!! #9  
I’m pretty sure his front end is junk. They should survive that with or without ballast.

The ballast unloads the front end. On a tractor that has a known weak front end, I’d be sure to use nearly max ballast when doing FEL work to try and help it along

Brett

/ Front end goes out again!!! #10  
The ballast unloads the front end. On a tractor that has a known weak front end, I’d be sure to use nearly max ballast when doing FEL work to try and help it along

Brett

Until you try to back it up hill. Then the front axel drive component have a lot more load than without the ballast.