Fueling tractor

/ Fueling tractor #41  
I had one of those. Used it to siphon fuel in car. Nearly useless and real slow. I ended up cutting it up for the hose material. My pump runs at 10 GPM. Fills tractor in no time at all.

/ Fueling tractor #43  
I place a five gallon container in the FEL, lift it up and the then use gravity and plastic tubing to fill the tank....

/ Fueling tractor #44  
What you guys find to be the better way of fuel transfer to get away from lifting 5 gal jugs to fill tractor
Don’t use enough for 50 gal drum with pump

/ Fueling tractor #45  
Shake siphon.

You still have to lift the 5 gal fuel jug but you just sit it there and start the siphon. No messing around trying to pour into a funnel.

shake_siphon.jpg
shake_siphon2.jpg
shake_siphon3.jpg

/ Fueling tractor #46  
I've used one of the old school hand pumps (mine happens to be from the 50's) and installed a filter on the outlet side of it. Snowing like crazy now so I don't have a picture but pretty much the same as the picture below. Easy, no power needed, fairly fast. Uncomplicated.
1618584868218.png

/ Fueling tractor #47  
I have piles of 2 gallon gas cans , two of which I just shot w/ yellow spray paint so the misses can top off the fuel if she needs too. Has lasted for years.

/ Fueling tractor #48  
I did 5 gallon cans for a while - really a pain and the wife doesn't appreciate my #2 diesel cologne.

So, I got a 100 gallon transfer tank with a 12v pump off of craigslist. Put it on a skid of 2x8's and would lift it in and out of the truck with pallet forks. Then one day I had it good and full and it developed a crack. Decided those things don't like being moved, so I arranged fuel deliver. Then, last year, they said 150 gallon minimum delivery.

So, that got finished up and sleepy joe makes me wonder what is going to happen, so I picked up a cheap, used 500 gallon overhead gravity feed (and I was tired of having to go get the 12v garden battery from the charger all the time when I needed to fuel).

I put the 100 gallon tank in the truck - went down and filled it and pumped it into the tank (didn't want to do a full delivery till I tested the new setup for leaks). Well, turns out that, with only 80 gallons in it, it wouldn't gravity flow through a filter to my tractor fuelling (up on hood - mx5800).

So, I picked up a 115v pump and built a skid for the tank and took it off the stand (after emptying back to the transfer tank). Besides, I wanted to continue to use an auto-shutoff which you cannot do with gravity flow.

So, those are my experiences and evolution. Most of this saga is to warn of my learning experiences - particularly on moving a transfer tank and the requirements of gravity flow.

I had purchased off-road diesel, but will be getting clear in the 500 so I can use it in my truck as well (keep it fresh and convenient and buy when prices dip)

/ Fueling tractor #50  
if the bottom of your can is higher than your fuel tank...just buy a cheap shut off valve..you wont need a pump. it will drain in. the higher it is though..the faster it will siphon. make a simple stand to set jug on. im sure tsc has them fueling nozzles with triggers.