GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics

/ GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics
British pipe thread??????????

Dale
Yes the power beyond where it meets the flexible line has British Standard Pipe Parallel (BSPP) fittings throughout. I'll be waiting on some more adapters....mostly because I am adding the extra valve for rear remotes. Also, the hex plug location to run an extra tank line is BSPP as well. It is shown below the right 3 point lift arm.
20210307_174147.jpg
I will update the exact fittings in each location etc and how i got it completed when finished.

I actually removed the seat, rops, and rear fender assembly to access the 3 point adapter that the flexible line from FEL connects to. I will put in an adapter so a common 3/8 jic will fit it.

Confirmed today that the soft line runnig from the hard fel power beyond is all female -06 British standard pipe parallel threads, or BSPP for short. Where the soft line meets the 3 point to feed it from FEL, there is an adapter (male to male) to allow the female hose connection to attach.

If you wanted to add in only a 3rd function valve this would be pretty easy. Get 2 hoses made with 3/8 jic females (summit kits use jic for their solenoid valves), one female 3/8 bssp x 3/8 jic male adapter, and one male 3/8 bssp x 3/8 male jic. Basically tapping into the power beyond line where soft line meets hard.

The TFK1 kit for Kubota from Summit hydraulics would work perfect if they could provide it with 2 feet longer on each fel hose. I had 2 made exactly 2 feet longer than the provided hose and they are pefect, so i ended up with extra hoses. The 2 used for tapping into the PB line will be a little longer than necessary, but very manageable. Adding an extra valve for hydraulic top link changes a bit for me, but atleast i am able to use some of my extra hose.
20210313_223953.jpg
20210313_224001.jpg
20210313_224010.jpg

I really dont know why the aftermarket doesn't make a kit for these....once you know the connections this really isn't bad, especially if you were JUST doing the 3rd function. I only took off the rops and fender to completely remove soft line so i could run straight from top link valve PB to 3 point.

Even that only took 20 minutes. Most daunting task is pulling the grips off levers. I found that giving them a good twisting motion back and forth broke the glue and i could slide them off. Maybe i should kit out a 3rd function for these and amazon/ebay them 🤔.

/ GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics #14  
At least create a document for others if you don't kit it out.... Personally my interest for PB was to run a log splitter, but since I started my quest for PB I have acquired a used log splitter I had to rebuild... So the PB interest has waned.... But a list of parts and descriptions (hose lengths etc) would be interesting...And may help others, for me acquiring PB is not on a priority list for now but maybe in future... Also like the idea JD uses by bringing out PB to QC's on a bracket on rear and using loop hose to complete circuit to 3PH when extended implement is disconnected...

At least create a document for others if you don't kit it out.... Personally my interest for PB was to run a log splitter, but since I started my quest for PB I have acquired a used log splitter I had to rebuild... So the PB interest has waned.... But a list of parts and descriptions (hose lengths etc) would be interesting...And may help others, for me acquiring PB is not on a priority list for now but maybe in future... Also like the idea JD uses by bringing out PB to QC's on a bracket on rear and using loop hose to complete circuit to 3PH when extended implement is disconnected...
That works but im not a huge fan of it, and I would assume it still has to have a tank return so when imements arent in motion it doesn't hang the relief valve. I want to be able to run my rear remotes.....then see a downed tree and snatch it up without having to get off the tractor.

At this point, im certain i could add a backhoe with another valve and never worry about loop hoses etc.

/ GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics #16  
Nice write up-thanks for sharing.

Got this done and it is working well. Now just need the grapple and hydraulic top link to come in so I can put it to work. Phone died while finishing up tonight but ill get some photos of the finished product and post them soon.

/ GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics #18  
Cool thread. I'm always impressed with folks that have the ability to upgrade what they have, vice, buying the new version. Looking forward to what your final cost of making it a TLB turns out to be as opposed to turning it in for trade in on a 1725 TLB - I didn't realize you could make a 1705 into a TLB tbh, so, very cool!!

Pick

Cool thread. I'm always impressed with folks that have the ability to upgrade what they have, vice, buying the new version. Looking forward to what your final cost of making it a TLB turns out to be as opposed to turning it in for trade in on a 1725 TLB - I didn't realize you could make a 1705 into a TLB tbh, so, very cool!!

Pick
Thanks but I will stilly likely sell outright and get a 1725MB. Hydraulics are no problem but acquiring a backhoe and subframe for under 9k isn't likely. If i could get one for like 6-7k id just keep what i have and do it.

I also added the SSQA last night. Just need to get a plate on the factory bucket to use it as such.
20210321_001701.jpg
20210321_001639.jpg