/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #11
Yeah, I forgot about that one. I don't however blame the teachers, but more the state, at least in NC. But hey, it helped get the state lottery in because we know all the money generated by the lottery is given to the schools after everyone else gets their cut.Good luck with that one.
You've basically pegged it to the rural south. Very scarce GOOD education system.
Never spent much time west of Pa until I hit the Rockies. So I'm ignorant on Illinois. However, having a an A- ranking on the Gifford score card doesn't make me overly enthused about the state.I’ve got a pistol range and a 200yd rifle range out back.
A neighbor about a mile away has a 400yd range.
Illinois isn’t that bad……..mostly!
While I post under a different username around here from time to time. I don't want to use that username as my STBXW knows it and I don't want her seeing it immediately.
I am originally from the foothills of the Ozark mountains, where I graduated high school with less than 100 people in my class. Since graduating from college and during some of my advanced degrees I have lived in major cities all the way to having a home in New York City and both costs. I have spent the last few years primarily on the west coast though, and hate it here, especially with all of the liberal idiots that are moving too close to me.
Ok so here are the details.
Absolute #1 is must have high speed internet access that isn't wireless, and I greatly prefer two providers that aren't wireless. I work in the technology industry and this can't be negotiated.
1. Mostly warm climate is required, other than Montana or Wyoming(which would take something very special and very large).
2. Within 30-45 minutes of a mid-sized corporate jet terminal and <90 minutes from a top 25 airport for commercial flights with a decent international presence.
3. Good education system without the need for private schools.
4. Good location for horses, I have show horses, would like to have more of a garden etc. Right now I have 1ac less than a couple of miles to a newish NFL stadium, I have horses and a garden right now in a large city lol.
5. A good area for business, no tax hell hole such as California, New York, etc.
6. A good employee talent base available.
These are some greatly desired things.
1. Either on a coast, GoM or within an hour or two of, perfect world would be something on a freshwater river within a 30-45 minute boat ride to the GoM in a decent area.
2. Reasonably close to at least some culture that isn't a Disney(I don't consider Orlando culture lol).
3. Would like to spend 400k-750k.
4. I would take a small house/lot on a canal with a horse property close, but haven't found that yet.
I have been looking through the listings in the south fairly extensively. For an ideal spot I would spend more but don't want to. Oklahoma and Texas are for the most part out, as is anything north of southern Arkansas. I had found a totally ideal pair of properties and the agent was a twerp so I passed, she didn't think I would walk but now that I have she has called me back almost daily.
If you have something feel free to PM me. If you have suggestions please post here
i'm out of touchWants us rural boys to help out while hiding assets from the STBXW. Classy.