Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look?

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #141  
The peaks in the Black Hills of SD are taller than anything in the Appalachian 'mountains '.

The Rockies' peaks are double that.

You can keep your cute eastern hills. Heck, even in Texas we have a peak higher than those.
They might have a higher peak elevation above sea level, but they don't have a higher relative elevation gain to the surrounding area (relief, prominence, I forget the exact right terminology). In New Hampshire, from adjacent river valley to the top of Mt Washington is over 5000 ft of elevation gain. You don't have anywhere near that in South Dakota. Shoot, your peak elevations are barely higher than new england's, but your valleys are much higher. And Mt Washington has the gnarliest weather of almost anywhere on the continent. SO quite frankly, your pointy hills are actually the cute ones.

But I'm from Michigan, I have nothing to represent here, lol. We call a few rocky knobs in our upper peninsula mountains, but, c'mon. Our best ski area has 900 feet of vertical, which is fun but not too epic. At least our snow is excellent.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #142  
We in idaho are sick and tired of a good majority of California imports bringing their ideas of how to live with them. They leave California because of their dumb laws, then try to have those same rules instituted here.
Funny enough, I heard the exact same thing from a bus driver after taking a bus from Boise to Ketchum back in the 90's to visit some buddies.

Although I love Idaho, I came to the conclusion the more time I spent there, that they are going to get screwed over like everyone on the East Coast.

Still remember a some bars in some logging towns after boating where EVERYONE was complaining about "do gooders" from out of state LOL

I just figure its only a matter of time for state regulations to catch up to everyone there.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #143  
We in idaho are sick and tired of a good majority of California imports bringing their ideas of how to live with them. They leave California because of their dumb laws, then try to have those same rules instituted here.
Freedom sucks...

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #145  
This is America, I can move to, and live anywhere I choose to. Regardless of what the local population thinks.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #146  
This is America, I can move to, and live anywhere I choose to. Regardless of what the local population thinks.
I don't disagree with you at all, only pointing out it's the population that votes laws into effect for the state that population resides in.

Richmond has been doing a great job for Virginia hasn't it? 🤣

Hey, I use to live in NY. I know all about how NYC controls Albany, believe me.

Thus, more population, more laws.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #147  
Don't come to Oklahoma. We have 110 degree Summers; tornados, rednecks, indigenous people who will scalp you, outlaws who will hold up your stagecoach, rattle snakes and lots of horse and cow poop...and you can't see any of it because of the waving wheat! We do have an AM station where you can listen to Glen Beck and Shawn Hannity though...

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #148  
Best laid plans...

I spent years looking for a place (found a couple- one was up a ways from oosik). I stopped trying to force things. Found an incredible partner, and that's where my home is. Most people don't have a clue about how most of the world actually IS. Want what you have.

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #149  
Don't come to Oklahoma. We have 110 degree Summers; tornados, rednecks, indigenous people who will scalp you, outlaws who will hold up your stagecoach, rattle snakes and lots of horse and cow poop...and you can't see any of it because of the waving wheat! We do have an AM station where you can listen to Glen Beck and Shawn Hannity though...

Good try.

But, you are going to the SEC where football - as they say - just means more!

MoKelly

/ Going back rural.... Can't wait, where to look? #150  
At the end of the day, overpopulation is what makes freedom suck.

Our forefathers had the insight to base our founding government on a republic, not a democracy, where everyone believes that the majority rules.
Too few people seem to know that.