Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #12,881  
Woke up this morning after a heavy rain over night to find my back yard looking like a lake.:( They are saying the it should be nice for the weekend though.:thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!! #12,882  
2013-08-01, 0700

Boy...nice to sleep in!

59 degrees right now and a high of 79 predicted. 80% chance of precipitation.

Sent three resumes out last night...two very local (within 5 miles), the other would be a pretty good drive (60 miles). I'll be looking for contract work too, but I do not want to do 1099 work except as a last resort.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,883  
More rain...almost everyday for a long time now...we are 16 inches above normal for the years so far...

Awoke this AM to a Rooster call....We have a little black and white Banty Rooster that has come to stay in our yard , at least for now...loud for his size...

/ Good morning!!!! #12,884  
Thanks for the sentiments, folks...

Even before we moved to VT, I was somewhat concerned about the company...I mean, how many cast iron stoves can people want? It's not like those stoves are going to wear out or be replaced in a year or so...more like 30-40 years.
But, the company did pay for our move and I can't complain. I do wish them the very best.
We were told there would be a recall in October...frankly, I think that is extremely unlikely.
Bad news -
However - a few things since this just happened to one of our son's -

Did you sign a contract - i.e. guarantee work for X years? Our son signed a contract and it seemed to promise work for 2 years.

Are you sure they won't ask you to pay for the move? Our son had to work for those 2 years before his move was "paid off".

/ Good morning!!!! #12,885  
Some rain already, more today, then clearing and cooler Friday, hot and humid Saturday. The roller coaster rides on.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,886  
Bad news -
However - a few things since this just happened to one of our son's -

Did you sign a contract - i.e. guarantee work for X years? Our son signed a contract and it seemed to promise work for 2 years.

Are you sure they won't ask you to pay for the move? Our son had to work for those 2 years before his move was "paid off".

I had no contract...an "at will" employee.
I really don't expect them to ask for repayment of the move expenses. If I had a contract, it might be a different story...but only if I was let go for a reason other then "reduction in force". If they did ask for repayment or hold my last check...well, there would likely be discussions...but that is very unlikely.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,887  
good morning rain rain rain all day yesterday and so far today. got the trailer all packed up gotta travel about 60 miles for our yard sale to LA [lower Abingdon] Roy sorry you lost your job. if you were in these parts you could forget about working it's as bad here as it has ever been as long as I been here all our industry for yhe most part is gone. hope everyone has a great day. I got to do something I youse to hate but as I get older it fits me fine cause I can sit on my a**** and do it. break and string beans.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,888  
Pettys super bird was something else with the 426 hemi but my favorite was the challenger with a 426 plum crazy in color or a boss 302 with 4spd and shaker hood. Never got to own either but liked to look. Ford Fairlane GT with 4 in floor and 390 was best I could do but it was enough
Buppies the 67 ford fairlane GT has always been my favorite I almost bought one several years ago but would have had to add to garage to have a place to keep it. when I see them at the shows I check them out good. not many that I have seen or really orginal most have some kind of modification to them.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,889  
it looks to be a nice day with a slight chance of rain in the afternoon.its 57 now going up to 76.

/ Good morning!!!! #12,890  
tv news forecast says Texas is under a serious heatwave. Boy I wish I could send some of this cooling rain
to them. Share the wealth. Our cup is truly overflowing.
Nice rain though...not destructive like a storm. But my cucumbers are exploding, the strawberries taste a little watery, and
the tomatoes are splitting. But boy does the local corn look good.

so Toppop, what are you personally bringing to the auto show this weekend?