Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #144,691  
I missed the post, but if TBN mods removed it or changed the rules, I hope we members would be informed...that would be very helpful
Just checked the "Terms of Use" covid is not mentioned, so just reporting numbers is not a rule violation, unless there are new "unwritten" rules. Bird, you are a moderator, can you enlighten us?
I have not contributed to this site as much as I have got out of it. There are a lot of really interesting people, projects and ways of tackling both that can give one a better insight into things at hand. This GM thread is a good peek at everyday life. Still is......
Agreed.

Good morning! 37˚F heading to the mid 50's sunny skies, just a few high clouds.

David, my mom's craftsman riding mower did the same, the problem was a wasp nest under the seat causing the seat pressure switch to not activate.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,692  
FWIW, these here are the rules.

Note that they were updated this past Monday, probably to include the ban of Covid related discussions.
Well thanks, That was hidden in a thread under a post dated February 21, 2017. Someone needs to update the "Terms of Use". However The new rule states "-Discussion of covid-19 related topics" his reporting of numbers was considered a discussion? If I reported that a friend has covid is that a discussion. NOTE I am not questioning the rule only the definition in this case of the word discussion.

Moderators, can you please clarify. Are reports of covid numbers in our areas or reports of friends or relatives with covid no longer allowed on TBN? OR are discussions of covid not allowed which include government actions/decisions or the controversial science of covid not allowed?

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #144,693  
FWIW, these here are the rules.

Note that they were updated this past Monday, probably to include the ban of Covid related discussions.
Yeah, they got updated alright.
Sounds a bit draconian to me but this is a private site so he can do as he pleases.
It seems to me that someone possible a moderator got his toes stepped on and hurt his feelings.
Kind of like my way or the highway.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,694  
Good morning! It is 8° now, high of maybe 19° today. It was -2° when I left the house, both on the thermometer & the truck. When I got down off the hill into the valley, it was a moderate -12° in the valley. Always is colder driving through the valley amongst the farms. Coldest I ever saw on that drive was -29° one morning a number of years ago.

I hope the people that are leaving rethink it. Trying to keep a forum "civil" can be a thankless job. I moderate on another forum, it can be a minefield.

Everyone stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #144,695  
We do use VPN, but I don't think this is the problem
I can't even log in to do anything, even if not connected to the company network.
Pretty sure it's a password issue, but not one I have the permissions to resolve

IT Guy just contacted me...it is a VPN problem. I'll have to go in to work (tomorrow, stepdaughter is off tomorrow) and see if it'll connect.
Pulse secure is doing updates if that's your vpn system.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,696  
5°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 27° today. Looks like we'll be back in the mid-50s by next week, and that warmth will bring some precipitation, which we could use.

Can't say I've ever seen Bruce argue with anyone here about anything. If his posts are being deleted because he's merely reposting numbers released by his local governments ... uh, I got nothing.

Maybe my favorite place on the internet has jumped the proverbial shark.

Happy Australia Day to our friends down under.
And, happy Republic Day to our friends in India.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #144,697  
Was 27, now going to 36 and sunny.

I didn't understand that Mostly was leaving, too. Hope he and Ron come back.

Good points made about our thread and the civility of almost all discussions. You guys are a great bunch and we all are trying to follow "the rules." Let's all hang in there.

Had a nice hiking day yesterday. Found a trail that is on private property, open to the public that links a 600+ acre plant and tree nursery with 2,600+ acre Montpelier, home of President James Madison, "Father of our Constitution"
(although it also took George Mason to write most of the Bill of Rights). It was very special hiking a mile through a nursery and fruit orchard to get to a more normal trail through the old forest which covers Chicken Mountain between the two properties. They have over 10 miles of trails, and I did over half yesterday but had to leave early.

While there, took this photo of an old cabin on the Montpelier property...I bet we are glad our chimneys aren't like this one. Still a lot of snow on Chicken Mountain.

Attachments

• 20220125_133405.jpg
    20220125_133405.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 20220125_140506.jpg
    20220125_140506.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
   / Good morning!!!! #144,699  
Our forecast is for 5-6 inches (so, settle down, Thomas!)
We are little over 12" short of snow that should on the ground this time of year. :oops:
I plan on closing snow valve almost shut before the storm arrives...2-4 inches that'enough.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,700  
We are little over 12" short of snow that should on the ground this time of year. :oops:
I plan on closing snow valve almost shut before the storm arrives...2-4 inches that'enough.
Do you have a well, Thomas?