Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #170,812  
Good Evening All.

68F and sunny @ 19:30, temperature seems to be falling rapidly, heading down to around 44F for the low overnight. Fairly windy too ... which makes it feel a little chilly.

Big cool down on it's way in, high tomorrow only 67F.

Back up to near 80F by Saturday though ... and near 90F Tuesday - Friday this coming week.

Way too windy to do any spraying today.

Noticed that there appeared to be something out in the live trap as I was fixing my coffee this morning ... which was a little odd, given the anchovy had been pilfered out of the bait can several days ago.

A closer inspection after I got out there with the Cub and the dump cart revealed that yup, it was sure enough a 'coon.

A very nasty big one:

Gave him a swimming lesson - which he sadly failed - and then put him in the bucket on the Kubota and hauled him up to the compost pile for the buzzards:

I give him 3 days ... at most.

Before I did that though, I decided to clean the bottom of the mower deck on the Cub which was long overdue.

I knew it was going to be bad, just didn't realize how bad ... but how poorly it was throwing clippings was probably a big clue though.

Very bad:

Those Marbain blades are pretty tough, but I'm not sure how well this set will survive this ordeal ... :(

At any rate, I got the underside of the deck about 75% cleaned off, leaving the parts at the rear which are hard to reach/get to, owning to my lift set up - which is very much less than ideal and doesn't raise the deck all that high (<12")

After some consultation with The Woman, I was able to secure approval for a solution to that and placed the order:

Amazon says delivery by the 30th ... but I sure wouldn't be unhappy if it arrived sooner ... ;)

Could have run over this afternoon to Lowes, who had it in stock ... but I'm happy to wait a little bit and save the $38.

Also ordered the smoke bombs to get rid of the groundhogs:

Woman grilled some Hebrew Nationals and heated up some Bush's Baked Beans for dinner. I also cleaned up a little bit of pork chop that was left as well as the rest of the scalloped potatoes.

Dropped the dump cart around back earlier to load the weeds The Woman pulled this morning. She didn't get around to that, was busy working out front on the edge of the circle.

Got the 2 x 12 PT lumber placed back on the east slope of the garden.

Loaded the ATV/Motorcyle jack and the car ramps into the bucket of the Kubota and took those up to the shop.

Looks like someone left a free lawn chair up there ... (y)

Refilled hopper and the two tube feeders, dumped the bags of bird food into their containers.

Used Kubota to pile up the compostables up onto the compost pile.

Just heard The Woman yelling out the window "Hey you ... stop eating my hostas !"

:oops:

Was a deer apparently ... She said there was another 'coon out by the feeders too ... 🤬

Need to switch out of shorts and close up things outside, then head up to the shop and modify that driver bit so I can drive t-posts with the HF hammer drill.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)
rs, I have never seen a deck quite as "full" as that.....and I worked at a lawn and garden dealer in high school and college. A large mallet and big wooden chisel come to mind, then pressure wash. Your mower will be many pounds lighter. Your compost pile will be happy.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,813  
Screenshot 2023-05-26 162113.jpg

I thought this was funny.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,814  
A returning Indigo Bunting arrived this morning.
I've never seen an Indigo Bunting. Surprised it isn't dark blue black
1685135952422.png

had a nice nap, needed it.
I had pushed the electric mower for about ten minutes this afternoon so
I'll be ready for the rider tomorrow. Grass is slowing down without more rain.

I need to make a run to JD dealer, maybe next week.
I ordered an Alemite hand manual grease gun, and I of course need to
have green grease in it right?
this is all precipitated by my trailer wheel bearings, which have nice zerk lube fittings.
unfortunately my air hose won't reach trailer.
I just don't do enough zerk greasing to justify another Dewalt. What a nice tool that greasegun was on the farm.
So a manual one for occasional use will be fine. Still have the air powered one for mowers.
Alemite has been around a long time.

if one can use the politically incorrect phrase of Dead Indians...all those grease guns thrown out that would not get a prime.
A workshop's dead indians.
yeah, probably a term that should go away.
along with humming 49 bottles of beer on the wall
and whatever else annoys or offends.

I wonder what the number one cause of not getting a grease gun prime is.
does anyone have any grease gun wisdom?

/ Good morning!!!! #170,815  
My wife really likes spam. Amazon had a slight sale on it (22.75/12 pack) so I bought 5 12 packs. Should last a few years.
It does help that I am stubborn and determined to not let this keep me down..... I have resolved myself to the fact that anything I do now will be considerably much slower...
But at least we keep on doing it.
I view it as the journey may actually take a smaller portion of my present life than it did years ago. When I was 60 a year was 1/60 of my like, now it less than 1/70th.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,816  
I've never seen an Indigo Bunting. Surprised it isn't dark blue black
View attachment 802457

had a nice nap, needed it.
I had pushed the electric mower for about ten minutes this afternoon so
I'll be ready for the rider tomorrow. Grass is slowing down without more rain.

I need to make a run to JD dealer, maybe next week.
I ordered an Alemite hand manual grease gun, and I of course need to
have green grease in it right?
this is all precipitated by my trailer wheel bearings, which have nice zerk lube fittings.
unfortunately my air hose won't reach trailer.
I just don't do enough zerk greasing to justify another Dewalt. What a nice tool that greasegun was on the farm.
So a manual one for occasional use will be fine. Still have the air powered one for mowers.
Alemite has been around a long time.

if one can use the politically incorrect phrase of Dead Indians...all those grease guns thrown out that would not get a prime.
A workshop's dead indians.
yeah, probably a term that should go away.
along with humming 49 bottles of beer on the wall
and whatever else annoys or offends.

I wonder what the number one cause of not getting a grease gun prime is.
does anyone have any grease gun wisdom?
Drew- Horrible backlighting with early morning sun for the pic. Hopefully better lighting the next time. I have no grease gun knowledge; I'll probably prove that tomorrow

/ Good morning!!!! #170,817  
Wife had me go to basement fridge to get supper out. I couldn’t find it. After much discussion up and down the stairs, I found it sitting out of the fridge on some other stuff. She didn’t remember how long it had been since she put it there, so it’s trash.
Worse part is, we got it at Costco and I didn’t notice the price until I got it home, and said holy cow that was expensive for the small amount we got.
We went out to local chain, which I found disappointing. Usually it’s good, but my medium well burger was charred, mashed potatoes were heavy on the garlic. Nachos were good.
Got garden watered. 60° was feeling chilly.
Pebbles on me now purring.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,818  
I may use the big electric drill tomorrow.
Sweet potato fries for supper. Oatmeal raisin cookies for desert.

As for grease guns, I put the tube in and screw the cylinder in almost all the way, then pump until grease comes out where it is supposed to then screw the cylinder all the way down. I ain't no grease gun guru by any means.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,819  
We have two Milwaukee battery powered grease guns would not live with out now but no expert.

Prayers for you and wife wngsprd, prayers for wife and son BEF, glad dog is better Ken

Good Evening

/ Good morning!!!! #170,820  
Good (Saturday) morning. Overnight Low of 2.2C and it's presently 16.1C, clear with a steady breeze + gusts.

So, with the wind, I'll be postponing the wattle tree clean-up. It's just me here so 'safety first'.

Yesterday, I must have hydrated enough because the Sister was able to get the blood sample(s) on the first go! Yay!!! I was out of there within 10 minutes. So I headed over to the Chemist and got a covid booster shot and was out of there quickly too. I was home within 50 minutes.

And now I'm 'paying' for the shot as my left shoulder is very sore. Oh, well.

That's about it, take care all. For those in the U.S. observing your "Memorial Day", Lest We Forget.