Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,741  
Good Morning
65° and brilliantly sunny. High of 85.

Yesterday went surprisingly well. That means that after starting the day sawing and jackhammering concrete, followed by sitting in the car for an hour and then an airplane for two more going to Maine and back, I experienced no pain or stiffness. My wife made me take a couple of Tylenol before I left as a preemptive measure. I had been complaining about back pain for the last few days, she gave me some serious stinkeye when she saw me with the jackhammer.
However I think the jackhammer fixed my back. She’ll say it was the Tylenol, but I’ll take it either way.

Today I’ve got no real plan other than be entertained by the contractors that have already been here for over an hour. I’ll probably fire up the grill and feed them at lunch time.

The RC runway needs to be mowed, so I’ll probably get to that as well.

Have to go back to Portland tomorrow, Palm Beach on Friday, and then I’m home for at least week.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,742  
good morning, 66 going to 85 summer is here

Daughter took the day off and came out for the day. Nice to to spend some time together

received this transfer hitch for the RTV to lower the attachment point but the hole is in the wrong place. Drilling through 2 inch solid steel for a new hole is needed. Don't have the bit and my old drill press may not be up to the job?

IMG_3540.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #190,743  
Checking out the signs...
Great pix of Della the pup ... thanks!

75F and sunny today. I brought a load of wood chips from CA to spread at the edges of our pasture here in NV. Today is our day to flood irrigate, so I need to start early while I can still drive a vehicle over the pasture.

Might get another load of salt and pepper gravel for the front planter where the new retaining wall is. I'll see how much energy I have left. Seems like a lot of shoveling on the menu for today!

Everyone have a great day !!!!!!!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,744  
Good Morning,
Ct, 60 to start going to upper 80’s or beyond ! I’m working today and hoping I will be done by early afternoon because of the heat !

When I get home will try and cut the lawn before heading out to Vermont on Thursday! Will also try and pack some stuff into the bed before it gets dark !

Paul, I see that your flying to Portland, what a great town ! Been there many times always enjoyed!

Drew, how is your trip going ?

Hope all have a good day and stay cool ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #190,745  
Good Morning!!!! 59F @ 5:30AM. Sunny. High 88F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Those things sure make a lot of noise, Mike. They regularly buzz the Orcutt place at what seems like 100 feet or so.

I think the days of buyer's real estate agents are numbered. In my recent purchase, between myself and the title company, we did almost all the work. I found the house online, told my agent how to negotiate the price and timing of the sale, then worked with the title company to fill out all the forms. The only thing my agent really did that took time was getting me into the dozen or so homes I wanted to see. Clearly not worth the $18,500 he "earned" in commission, so it's about time that whole scheme was heavily revised. And as far as I can tell, the seller's agent did even less!

You found a three dollar part on a Kubota, Billy? Never head of such a thing. Those tiny little quarter turn fasteners that hold the side panels on around the engine cost me $18 each yesterday (needed two of 'em), and the HST filter was a whopping $75!

Hard to say what motivates kids today, Kyle, but it's clear that what you're doing is working. With me it was reward based, and I've been goal driven ever since. He's good at academics, so some sort of engineering career should be easy for him. But if he's also good with his hands, he might enjoy a trade more. Just teach him how to take care of himself, so that he appreciates independence, and he'll figure the rest out.

Neighbors came over yesterday and picked up the first batch or steel pallets. I didn't put them in a level spot, and with only the bush hog on the back of the tractor, I could only pick up two at time without tipping the tractor. Didn't like doing that at all. The buyers for the flail were right on time, lovely young couple working in the wine industry with a small vineyard on the side and a cute little toddler daughter. I even made a small profit on the deal, as prices for new flails have gone up significantly and demand is high.

I wasn't quick enough responding to another fella that wanted the extension ladder, so he bought a new one.

Spent the rest of the day wire brushing the outside of the trailer, and that's when I found a dent in the part of the trailer hitch where the hitch ball fits. Sure enough, the hitch wouldn't close, and I didn't have a big enough hammer and punch to flatten it out. Neighbor says he'll come back with those and a MAP torch when he's back for more pallets.

This morning I'll apply Metal Prep to what I brushed yesterday, and hopefully get some mowing in before it gets too hot. Probably do some touch up painting inside this afternoon where it'll be cool. Maybe change the furnace/A/C filter, too.

Huh, Hump Day already?

/ Good morning!!!! #190,750  
67°F and 1.4 inches rain.

Off to Costco this morning. Likely last time before we go to mainland and 4th of July. On our last bag of dog food.

Nice dinner with friends. Last night.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day