Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,761  
Spent most of day calculating building costs. Compared SIPs vs framed, SIPs $23K more, except haven’t added insulation yet for framed. Lot of lumber you add to those panels. Did calculate using ZIP roof and siding. Don’t have framing labor costs in either.
Will cost $10k more to have a basement instead of slab on grade.
I did add concrete labor costs equal to the cost of the concrete, used $120 a yard, I’m sure I’m low. Did not add in the mud room cost, which won’t happen with a basement.
Lot has slope to do a walkout.
Took a swag at some costs. Found a lot of material costs from Lowe’s or HD.
Neither estimate includes doors or windows, roofing, siding yet which will be equal in both scenarios.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,763  
Spent most of day calculating building costs. Compared SIPs vs framed, SIPs $23K more, except haven’t added insulation yet for framed. Lot of lumber you add to those panels. Did calculate using ZIP roof and siding. Don’t have framing labor costs in either.
Will cost $10k more to have a basement instead of slab on grade.
I did add concrete labor costs equal to the cost of the concrete, used $120 a yard, I’m sure I’m low. Did not add in the mud room cost, which won’t happen with a basement.
Lot has slope to do a walkout.
Took a swag at some costs. Found a lot of material costs from Lowe’s or HD.
Neither estimate includes doors or windows, roofing, siding yet which will be equal in both scenarios.
Chimney with fireplace? What type heating system? Do you have to go underground for power?

/ Good morning!!!! #190,764  
83F clear temp touch 92F :(

Been good day...took trimmer almost 4 hour walk for Friday's mowing,afternoon final got wildlife photos caught up.

Doing little rearranging in shed saw Boo walk by,as I was sweeping dirt out door I suddenly notice black object moving :oops: Boo was laying just to left against shed wall and didn't care much for the dust dirt in the face,he slowly got up and gave the look than shook his head wet 30' off laid under BIG maple with cooler breeze for hours.

Plans for the evening just going to numb it.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,765  
Good Evening Thomas,
Doing little rearranging in shed saw Boo walk by,as I was sweeping dirt out door I suddenly notice black object moving :oops: Boo was laying just to left against shed wall and didn't care much for the dust dirt in the face,he slowly got up and gave the look than shook his head wet 30' off laid under BIG maple with cooler breeze for hours.
Excellent story Thomas ! He is like a family member ! 😉😁

/ Good morning!!!! #190,766  
Chimney with fireplace? What type heating system? Do you have to go underground for power?
Power is right at the side of the build. Probably underground from the pole.
Would like a wood stove, and will use heatpump or maybe mini split.
Need to drill a well.
Right now I want to get plans ready just in case.
IMG_5530.png

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #190,767  
Good (Thursday) morning. Overnight Low of 7.6C and it's presently 16.0C, fairly clear & calm. Rain is predicted for this evening.

It's 'back into town' again to collect a few PO deliveries. It is a very rare occasion that anything gets directly delivered to "Wagtail Park"... Just the way things are where I live in Tassie.

I have an evening dinner/meeting to attend. 1700-2130ish.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,768  
I’m doing conventional stick framing with urethane foam insulation. R49 in ceilings, R21 in walls. Exterior will be a mix of cedar siding and stone. I’m building just under 1200 sq. ft.
Feel free to PM or call me do discuss my decision processes.
I thought your plan looked smaller. Mine is 1120 unless I add the mudroom on back, then it’s 1184.
I’m just getting plans in place in case I want to move on something.
Wish I could find an Amish builder down there.
Got so much to do, feeling overwhelmed at times. Need to go to Ohio and help dad mow sometime.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,770  
I’m doing conventional stick framing with urethane foam insulation. R49 in ceilings, R21 in walls. Exterior will be a mix of cedar siding and stone. I’m building just under 1200 sq. ft.
Feel free to PM or call me do discuss my decision processes.
How much is spray foam? Pm me if you want.
Walls 2x6?