Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,771  
Kyle, thoughts on son’s motivation.
Perhaps a longterm contract, start of HS thru graduation.
His motivation, so maybe tap into that by having him set the conditions - with subtle Dad guidance of course that ensures it achieves what you want while he thinks they are his ideas.

Perhaps a big tangible reward at end (and you get 4 years to save up)

Period goals and rewards, perhaps by semester. But include items that he might chose to self report, maybe brag a bit. Maybe even report to others, not just Dad.

Yearly review and update

/ Good morning!!!! #190,772  
Good evening all. 75ºF for the start, overcast, breezy. Light to moderate wind, brisk gusts, Overcast with thunderstorms, 1.9 inch in rain gauge, high temp was 81ºF, low temp was 69ºF during storm. Made coffee to start day, Men's Meeting, Bike ride, lunch heavy rains changed plans, nap went to dinner, met two different couples and talked with both longer than it took me to eat.
Tuesday 9:34 AM CDT post:
Scot(vt) thanks for sharing that story.
Plowhog thanks for information.
David good to hear progress on tractor. Glad good happy hour , shame group small. Sorry about dental work. Hope dinner was good.
Gstrom too much water for seed if water sits there too long, Nice pic of turkey
Scott(vt) wonder if there is problem with filter with the low reading.
RS you know low humidity can reduce Heat Index. Good to see bug patrol on guard. Sorry wife needs cataract surgery. Glad Squeak not hard to get back inside. Burgers sound good, hope you figured out what to do.
Scaredy chipper should be useful.
Dennis never dreamed there was this much variation in how the transfer stations are open.
Dennis nice plans
Randy(wag) glad good weather, hope town run went well.
Kyle have you asked your son what does motivate him? What motivates all of us is very different.
Today 12:49 AM CDT post:
Randy(wag) thanks for sharing story.
Dennis unchallenged at school sounds familiar.
Ron Glad weed spraying done for a while. Hope yard ornaments went well. Nice moon pic.
Billy glad you got to take Della on hike and to Kubota dealer. Kubota has a $3 part? Nice pics
Drew glad you slept well. Neat gun.
Buppies doesn't sound like you are much cooler. prayers sent.
Thomas that is hot! Hope you found a cool spot.
Ken glad you got son's help with pool cover. Glad you have found son's interests and encouraging them. Hope deer cleaned up . Nice flowers
Paul sorry back talking back to you. Glad no stiffness from yesterday's activities. Hope mowing went well and trips go ok as well.
Frits glad you got some daughter time. Step drill the hole will be much easier.
Plowhog hope you the shoveling ok.
Scott(vt) hope you got done with work early and got mowing done.
RNG sounds like you are getting a lot of stuff sold off. Hope you get hitch repaired. Hope you were inside where it's cool.
Billy have knobs like that on push mower.
David glad good dinner. Hope Costco run was good.
Drew glad you made it home ok. Thanks for the pics from Fort Miles.
Fiddlearound feel free to post more if you want to :)
Drew thanks for pics, sign a little scary.
RS glad you cooled off. Nice rain amount. Tomatoes looking good after planting. Sorry about amazon order delayed. I understand, my haircut about 2 weeks late :(
Ron kinda far north for alligator isn't it?
Dennis having fun with planning the build?
Thomas sorry Boo had to move to not get dirt in face.
Randy(wag) hope town run went well. My sis-in-law keeps PO box, to many people take mail out of mail box. Hope meeting went well.
Dennis hope you get caught up. Not fun knowing you dad can use more help.
Don glad you found tripped GFI.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,773  
   / Good morning!!!! #190,774  
Spent most of day calculating building costs. Compared SIPs vs framed, SIPs $23K more, except haven’t added insulation yet for framed. Lot of lumber you add to those panels. Did calculate using ZIP roof and siding. Don’t have framing labor costs in either.
Will cost $10k more to have a basement instead of slab on grade.
I did add concrete labor costs equal to the cost of the concrete, used $120 a yard, I’m sure I’m low. Did not add in the mud room cost, which won’t happen with a basement.
Lot has slope to do a walkout.
Took a swag at some costs. Found a lot of material costs from Lowe’s or HD.
Neither estimate includes doors or windows, roofing, siding yet which will be equal in both scenarios.

Never used SIPs until we built this house. Used these https://www.tclear.com/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/protec/ProTEC-Brochure.pdf
Walls all R20. Basically 1 helper and I put up all the walls. It was a great decision vs stick frame.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #190,775  
Coffee is brewing. 50° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 78° with lots of sun. Took Sassy to groomer. Purchased a set of LED post cap lights. My poles are different than the size post caps I purchased. Made spacers to fill the gap. Then mounted on the poles. Let Sassy outdoors this morning. She noticed the lights. She headed out to see what was invading her space. Got A few of the yard ornaments out. Grocery shopping today. Then back to putting out more yard ornaments.
q2esh2z.jpg

Mostly, it is far north for a Gator. Thought is someone let their pet Gator loose in the lake.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #190,777  
64F chance on/off rain this morning,afternoon partly cloudy 80F for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...8 hours at part store,this evening turn box garden plus soil for planting this Saturday.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,779  
good morning all
66 going to at least 80 today with a thunderstorm due in this morning, pretty nasty grey out.

neck not happy, but that is to be expected considering my attempt at weightlessness failed as expected.
my slip on the third step of rv going down on a bit of towel I had put down to catch sand, that slip had both feet going out forward and
me dropping about two feet down to the step, sitting down nicely I might add. But thoroughly shaken and stirred.
Everything worked so figured I got lucky. Until neck pains started an hour later. This too shall pass.
I am really careful with stairs but that one bit me. I had a hand on something and that's why shoulder is sore this morning too.

feel like I have creepy crawly itchy ants at times on my belly. Just unhappy pinched nerves.
you just can't take a pill for everything. But when that happens like a canary in a mine, body telling me
to take my morning pills now, not later.

Bill, how are you doing this morning? I hope you have an excellent prognosis.
Getting out of that place will be a huge relief.

still have to go back and read twenty pages of catch up here.
good project when the rain gets here. For now need to go put some things like plastic trays away.
Gusty winds predicted, don't want stuff blowing around.

I think RS sent this storm due East.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,780  
69 outside this AM, heading to mid 80's with rain expected. And the wet weather looks to continue for a while.

Took the weed whacker for long walks yesterday. Did not managed to finish up. Still have a few miles of fence line left on the pastures. Around the house and buildings all is well. Too bad the pool is not open, might have been a motivating factor.

Did manage to lay out the tile pattern on the Milk House shower pad. Looks like that can go ahead and get finished up in the next few days.

Not much else on the agenda. Hope all have a great day. Be safe.