Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,791  
Took this pick on the way up from the driveway this AM. One of my wifes favorite. The flowers this year (all around) just were something special.
And it started raining...again.

20240523_075508.jpg

Attachments

• 20240523_075522.jpg
    20240523_075522.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
   / Good morning!!!! #190,792  
good morning, looks like rain may on the way

Planted the garden yesterday so very timely. After tilling the soils looks great and the Leaf Grow that I tilled in a few years ago has worked out

Drilled the hole in the trailer hitch using your suggestion Mostly with 1/4 inch first and then 11/16 inch. Went trough this very easily. Now a lot of spiral strips to clean up

IMG_3541.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #190,793  
Good Morning!!!! 65F @ 5AM. Partly cloudy skies. High 87F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.

Gosh, Ron, alligators in Michigan? How do they survive the winters?

There are still wall outlets and switches I haven't figured out yet at the new place, Don. And the breaker box is a continuing source of confusion as well, with breaker labels written in what appears to be a foreign language.

Started yesterday with applying Metal Prep to the outside of the little trailer, alternating with mowing on the tractor while the MP worked. Then hosed it off to finish.

Tractor was making an odd noise, like something dragging on a disc brake, but only when backing up the hill. Ran back up to the garage and found the oil level just a hair low in the front axle, so topped that off. Back out cutting again and noise is now constant, but that's when I noticed the regeneration light was on. A few minutes later it shut off, and the odd noise went away with it. Never had that happen before. A sick tractor is the last thing I need right now. Mowed until lunch time, too hot after that.

Switched over to touching up paint inside the house, then put the modular shelving back into the master bedroom closet, finishing that project off.

Somewhere in there I hit a link on a Facebook post and the computer screen went crazy while a weird voice told me that the computer was locked and to call a number to get an unlock code. I killed the browser and things appeared to be normal, and no warning from the antivirus software. Relaunched the browser and killed the offending tab. Sick way to extort money from helpless victims, so be careful out there.

Spent some quality time with the installation manual for the new water softener controller, and came up with a couple questions for the outfit I got it from. Too late in the day to call them, so that's on today's agenda. I don't have any silicone grease for the o-rings up here anyway, so installation'll have to wait until the next trip.

Not long after that I noticed two unusual transactions on a charge card, so called the bank. They said the charges had to post before they could do anything. Now I see two transactions have disappeared, but the third one, from temu.com, is still pending. I don't recall ever buying anything from Temu, so I'll have to protest it and probably get a new card. What fun!

More painting and mowing for today, and a grocery run into town after it gets hot.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,794  
Good morning! Low of 47°, heading up towards 78°. Breezy for the next few days, 10-20 mph, gusts to 30 today, increasing each day until Sat, then 40-50 mph, gusts to 65..... jeez, better batten the hatches!

Weeds are growing exponentially with the 1/8" of rain last week. A few days of string trimmer walks are in my future..... going to wait a few more days though....

The knee is still acting up. Activities are hindered to just about an hour before it gets too painful. I wish the docs had an answer. I am not hopeful that PT will do anything at this point. I guess this is the 'new normal'.

Drew, I bet those big guns would be fun to fire.... nice big BANGS. Of course I'm talking peacetime. Just some very expensive target practice..... I wonder if there are any shells left in some warehouse? Hmmmm.....

Cute puppy pics..... Buppies, you're not the only one with thoughts of getting another....

Paul, congrats on the start of the addition! Looking forward to the progress pics!

Don, good luck with all that is going on! A whirlwind process for sure! Glad you got the receps working.

Going to try and clean the pond today. Not sure how well that might go. I think I might hold off until the son is available to help.

Still quiet on the western front.... seems that as long as the troublemakers are ignored, things don't escalate. BIL has booked an Alaska cruise, going the end of June. He was supposed to go on one with his wife, but she died suddenly a few years ago. I don't know if this is going to be good for him or not....

I hope everyone has a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,795  
Good Morning Drew,
getting dark out, thunderstorms over Ken's home now likely coming this way
Drew, I got caught again in the rain this morning about a mile from home ! That makes it twice this week ! The good news is that everything got watered around the house before we leave for Vermont ! ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #190,797  
68°F and .37 inches rain.

Successful Costco run. Still have money left on credit card. Enjoyed their $1.50 dog for lunch.

Costco has rearranged again, so a couple things not found. My attitude is similar to the locked up merchandise. If I don’t see it II just don’t buy it. The boys have 3 new bags of dogfood 🤙

Want to change the blades on Sophie’s BX today. 1st time.

Another Dentist appointment this afternoon for another filling. Must be a simple one as copay only 1/4 of last one. Dentist sure seems expensive with insurance.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #190,798  
being able to pull your splitter up to the wood sure helps
that's nice garden dirt Frits.
time for you to get planting

spent several hours outside working in gardens, cut back all of the daffodils, watered all the new plants,
and worked up a good sweat.
ordered some more batteries from Amazon, needed a 2032 for a meat thermometer and had "the other size".
they had a bonus buy combo of AA and AAA that was just what I needed. The brand changes, these are Eveready, but might
have been another.

the roses are really pretty now
headed back out to pick a few, particularly the yellow Peace roses since they smell so good

Attachments

• IMG_3083.JPG
    IMG_3083.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 21
   / Good morning!!!! #190,799  
75F and "Fair" @ 13:00, heading up to around 79F for the day's high. Ten Day forecast much improved (less rain) over what it was a couple of days ago (showed rain every day)

Was pretty overcast when I got out there yesterday so not too bad without the sun. LWS says high temp yesterday was 87.3F.

Got the last 3 Bush Beefsteaks planted and caged along with the last 3 Sunny Boys. Went back over the Sunny Boys applying bone and blood meal to them which they didn't get when they were planted.

Had at least one deer come bounding out of the woods behind me over along the east edge of the yard while I was doing that. Not sure what spooked it.

Started taking off the aluminum tie wires on the first cattle panel so it can be taken down and used as an arch trellis, replaced with a remesh panel. May get back to that today, if it's not too muddy out there.

Woman made a rhubarb cobbler and took that over to the neighbor's for dinner, brought back back one piece for me. Can't say I liked it as much as the strawberry rhubarb pie which I thought was just fantastic. The Woman did care for the pie (... of course ... :rolleyes:)

Line of strong storms rolled through last night, we didn't get the worst of it but LWS still showed it dumped 1.72" in probably 1/2 hour or less ... :oops:

Raindrops were so big when it started I thought it might be hail.

The lawn (all areas) was already at the point of needing cut again ... and that was before the rain ... 🤬

Insect netting and landscape staple order from Amazon finally out for delivery (1 day late)

Agenda for today:

Check remaining plants on shelves to see if they need watered.

Finish taking down the two cattle panels, maybe get some of the remesh panels put up.

Trip to Menards later for masonry ladders to use for hoops for the brassicas (cabbage and cauliflower), probably pick up more mulch as well.

Hose off short t-posts so they can be repainted for arch trellises.

Plus whatever else comes up.

Hope everyone is having a decent Thursday ... (y)