Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,831  
Started cleaning up my cabin plans, and ended up spending the day. I haven't caught up yet on todays posts, about 50 behind it seems. Then just as I finished tonight, I'm thinking I might swap the front side, so all water is in a concentrated area. Also, if I do put in basement, stairs will need to come out of Family room space to the right as you go in front door, so would rather make kitchen smaller then the alternative. Plus, I found way to fit the laundry inside, so don't need the ugly box on the back. If I do basement, water heater can go downstairs.
I put SIPs on another layer and shut it off, probably won't do because of the price difference. Actually layed out most of the studs in the walls on another layer I have turned off, not done with that, but that will be helpful when framing. I'm excited about this version.
View attachment 871809
I would have the front door swing the other way.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,832  
Good morning! 76˚F heading to the low 90s, S wind, partly cloudy.
The tile floors are polished and sealed The workers are finished. Yesterday was light bulb replacement day with a run to Costco and two runs to Home Depot. I thought I was finished but found several other odd bulbs to replace today. The very old people that lived in the house before did very little maintenance.

We cleaned the baffles in the stovetop hood vent, had to set them outside and let oven cleaner soak, then blast them with a hose. Under the grease they still had the protective blue film on them, which we removed, so now they look like new. They left a set of long horns on top of the stove, will keep them, but glad they took the ram head out of the hallway.

Today our old house goes on the market.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,833  
Good Morning,
Vt, 53 to start going to 76! Beautiful sunny day, low humidity but I have a lot of work to do before the rest of the gang gets here. The front lawn could be baled as hay its so high ! So it looks like I will end up cutting it twice.

Thomas, I truly hope everything goes well for your surgery !

Paul, the concrete work looks really good so far, and Dons suggestion about front door swing is good.

Dennis, is the top link on your Dads tractor adjusted properly ? I ask because it seems low in the back end even in the raised position.

Ken, your pool looks great, I am also thinking of power washing the stamped concrete around the perimeter and then re staining the pressed concrete, brick red. It has faded over the last 30 years !

We got up here about 7:30 last night, so 3 hour and 20 min drive. Traffic was light ! Unfortunately there is a dead animal under our deck, so will have to deal with that this morning ! Ugghh

Hope all have a great friday ! :) :)

/ Good morning!!!! #190,834  
Good Morning Again,
Here is the lawn, and our rhubarb has gone to seed, oh well ! Lots of work ahead ! 😉

Attachments

• IMG_3904.jpeg
    IMG_3904.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
   / Good morning!!!! #190,835  
67 outside right now, heading to maybe 80. Rain expected.

No yard work yesterday. Met middle daughter for late lunch to celebrate her 30th. Ate at our fav restaurant, the sushi palace. The place has been around for over 20 years and it was packed yesterday. They know their fish and their service and prices have always been exemplary.

Today I think the wife and I will pay our respects to our Marine friends.

It will be a solemn weekend for us.

Hope all have a good day. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,836  
Good morning, the low is 44 and going to a high of 64°F. Wind WNW 10 mph. Mostly cloudy with 60% chance of showers.

Sugar first thing was 7.6, breakfast already down my neck along with 4 pills and one capsule. BP last evening was 115/60 with a pulse of 87. Almost half of what it was when I took the meat wagon ride. ;)

I gotta go back into town today and get a 'sharps' container and some fruit.

I am in the process of applying for disability through our Unemployment Insurance scheme. That'll pay me $602.oo/week for 26 weeks.

I am looking forward to watching the house build, Popgadget.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #190,838  
fun morning flipping pancakes.
I got the less lively gluten free line, less takers.
the regular batter was thicker and fluffier.
got very hot back there, I had to leave a little early, come home and change
sweaty shirt and now waiting to hear about when to go visit MIL in hospital.

1716557119483.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #190,839  
Good Morning!!!! 59F @ 6:00AM. Sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 82F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

Glad to read you're back home, Bill. Are you able to get around OK, and drive?

First coat of paint on the outside of the trailer took longer than I'd have liked, partially due to a surprise visit from the neighbor that was helping on the dent in the trailer hitch. He brought some punches, but the ends were too square to do the job. I found a piece of rebar laying under the office trailer and used a cutoff wheel in the angle grinder to round the end into a dome shape. That and a three pound hammer did the job. Finished the coat of paint and ran errands in town. By the time I got back it was pretty warm, but decided to put a second coat of paint on the trailer anyway. Paint skinned over in the roller tray, and the skin found its way onto the trailer. Looks a little rough, but it's just a trailer. The more paint, the merrier. And that was it for the day.

Just checked, and that fraudulent Temu charge posted yesterday, so now I get to do the dance with the bank to get it removed. Anybody else have issues with Temu?

Wire wheeling and Metal Prep on the inside of the trailer this morning, followed by some maintenance work on the tractor. Messick's order showed up in only two days!

TGIF gang...

/ Good morning!!!! #190,840  
Morning all, 73 going to 86 and sunny.
Powerwashing the pool deck continues.
Found 2 hornets nests, hopefully deactivated them last night.
Need to mow after I finish pool deck. Back deck PW will need to wait so my back recovers!

Also need to change out garage springs and see if I can fix the garage door opener.

Did find some baby birds yesterday. Will leave the nest until they fly.

L4N is home, bet that is a huge relief!

Don - best of luck for the sale, hope it goes quick and well.

Rip - happy birthday to your daughter.

No wrecker yards local, anyway they are the $600 vs. $800.
Was thinking some kind of anchor bolt to expand in the empty center as the plastic piece that used to hold it together is in 2 parts, instead of the one. So nothing to hold the top to the bottom anymore and no way to buy that part as the rest of the mirror base can't be disassembled without damaging other parts.

Be well,

Luckily not blocking any screens or valves.
20240523_151938.jpg