Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #190,841  
That’s what made urethane foam worth the expense, I was able to use smaller lumber, I can get R21 in a 2x4 wall as well.
Did you verify that your municipality requires compliance to the IECC code?
they use the virginia uniform building code, which then references UBC or IECC. Until next Jan you can specify either 2018 or 2021, but must use 21 code after next january. Current version seems to say R30, if I'm reading it right. In Va for climate zones 3, 4 or 5, looks like remains R30 in the new code. ICC says 38,49,49 for zones 3-5. I might be OK.

I see you pouring foundation instead of block. I need to find a concrete guy down in va that does the forms. All of my house is done that way, even the garage frost walls. Are you slab on grade, or crawl space? VA is only 24" frost depth, and that's to bottom of footer. I like to go a little lower but with concrete prices will like to stay at minimum.

Your rebar looks like two #4 on chairs about a foot apart. I assume the stuck the vertical ones in the wet cement.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #190,842  
lot of memorial day emails arriving announcing wonderful sales I just can't miss
seems a little off to make this a big consumer spend day when we are supposed to be
keeping in mind the purpose of the day off.

WWII, Korean War, Vietnam, Iraq and?
lot of folks affected

reminds me to get my little lawn flags out.
unfortunately I think Memorial Day is going to be a washout here.
Always a bummer if the parade gets cancelled.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,843  
I would have the front door swing the other way.
Was thinking about a small closet on one of the door sides, just hadn't finished that yet. But looking at maybe swapping the front anyways. Need 8'9" x 43" stair opening (for 42" wide stairs), which means entrance to kitchen /dining will be in the front.
rightkitchen.JPG

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #190,844  
Rain, rain, go away!
Another thunderstorm here, this morning.
At least we are off the "extreme drought" map.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,846  
Headed to a beautiful 70F today.

Off to CA ranch later today- 4-5 days of work planned over there. Should also be good weather there-- hope they still allow burning.

Here is another pup pix from the litter-- should get a pup in a few weeks!

Everyone have a great day !!!
PupDuck.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #190,847  
BEF, I guess your sister doesn't have a very good hiding spot. Either that or your Dad has a spare key.
I wouldn't put it past him to have a spare or two.

I was going to cut the grass today, but discretion being the better part of valor, I will wait a couple of days. Besides that it is going to rain today and tomorrow, so maybe on Sunday.

I suspect that my Class 'A' license is gone, but as long as I keep my 'G' I can still drive my car.
I do know that in order to regain my class 'A' I will need to take the regular medical AND another one by the MTO AND a written test AND a road test in the vehicle I normally drive for a living. A pile of hoops to jump through for 2 additional years of trucking. If it is gone, well too bad.

/ Good morning!!!! #190,848  
68°F and .34 inches rain.

Done. With dentist until Nov. can’t say I will miss her.

Had to make a HD stop. Needed a 30mm socket for Sophie’s BX. Unable to break the mower blades free with my large adjustable wrench. Hopefully with the socket and longer bar.

I did get the brake warning buzzer rewired. Those split fuse adapters are pretty neat.

Off to eye Dr this morning. Follow up to my laser work and new prescription then order new glasses. Likely get lunch in town.

Should be home in plenty time to wrestle with that. 30mm socket. Those blades are not just dull but not straight.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #190,849  
80F and "Fair" @ 12:30, calling for a high of 83F for the day. LWS reports that yesterday's high was 86F.

Watered plants on shelves yesterday first thing, they've gotten big enough that most of the remaining tomatoes have to gotten big enough that they have to be watered daily without fail.

Woman is out back weeding the flower bed right now, hope She remembers to water the plants.

Hopper feeder still out of action, mixed up and scattered some seed for the ground feeders though.

After that I started working on taking down the two 16' cattle panels. Got that done and the four 8' remesh panels put up to replace them.

Made trip over to the barn and gathered up the last remaining section of landscape fabric for the easter edge of the garden and hauled that back over along with some hose.

Cages seem to be working so far to keep the deer off of the tomatoes. Most of the Sunny Boys got badly clipped within a day after we planted them before they were caged.

It appears the peppermint extract isn't quite as good as we were hoping it would be ... :(

But the insect netting over the strawberries is keeping the deer out of those as well ... (y)

After getting the remesh panels wired up and secured I planted 6 (or 8 ?) Crimson Cushion indeterminate tomato plants on the north end of the remesh panel trellis.

Helped Woman tie up one of Her peony plants that was falling over despite having a hoop around it. A couple of those are over 4' tall.

After that I took the Cub up and started mowing the front lawn again, got that almost half done before it got dark out. Left the deck at 3.75". Will finish that up here in a little bit when I head outside.

While I was mowing I noticed that the red maple had gotten blown over and was leaning from the strong storms that came through the other night so I headed down to the house and grabbed a 5' piece of rebar, a hammer, and some some twine and staked it again. Not quite ready to stand on it's own apparently.

Once that was done I came back down and threw some straw around them to mulch the newly planted tomatoes and some fencing/netting over them to keep the deer off them.

Amazon didn't make the delivery of the additional insect netting and staples yesterday (already a day late) ... 🤬 ... currently shows it's back out on the truck for delivery today ...🤞

Agenda for today:

Finish mowing front.

Maybe mow down around the house as well just to keep on top of it.

Hose off short t-posts for painting, maybe hit them with a wire brush in the grinder after that. Possibly get them primed as well.

Figure out spacing for cattle panel arch trellises.

Found this handy little web app to help with that:

Plus whatever else comes up.

Hope everyone is having a decent Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #190,850  
BEF, I guess your sister doesn't have a very good hiding spot. Either that or your Dad has a spare key.
I wouldn't put it past him to have a spare or two.

I was going to cut the grass today, but discretion being the better part of valor, I will wait a couple of days. Besides that it is going to rain today and tomorrow, so maybe on Sunday.

I suspect that my Class 'A' license is gone, but as long as I keep my 'G' I can still drive my car.
I do know that in order to regain my class 'A' I will need to take the regular medical AND another one by the MTO AND a written test AND a road test in the vehicle I normally drive for a living. A pile of hoops to jump through for 2 additional years of trucking. If it is gone, well too bad.
That is a shame actually, with Afib and sleep apnea I can't pass the DOT physical either.