Google Chrome issues?

/ Google Chrome issues? #1  

piller

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HD ROPS
I've noticed a couple of issues while using google chrome (8.0.552.200 beta on ubuntu linux) to access tractorbynet.com.

First, when opening threads in new tabs sometimes the page will not load, I need to go to the new tab and put the cursor in the address bar and hit enter and then usually the page will load.

Next, when posting, I can write a post, preview a post, but not submit a post. I have to go back to firefox if I want to submit a post.

Otherwise things work well.

edit: I submitted this new thread using google chrome, but seem to have trouble submitting posts to existing threads?

Last edited:
   / Google Chrome issues? #2  
I tried it last year, but found that I couldn't get into some sites that I have to sign in to every time. My bank, for example. When I asked about it, I was told that I needed to go to IE for those sites. While I liked Chrome, I hated having to use two different browsers to use Chrome, so now I just stick with IE.

Eddie

/ Google Chrome issues? #3  
I'm using Chrome version 7.0.517.44 on a XP machine. No problems on TBN. I have only had issues with one or two sites using chrome. I do use both IE and Chrome at the same time. The speed of Chrome is nice...

/ Google Chrome issues? #4  
I use Chrome for the speed (slow dial-up), no problems here. I do have security problems (Chrome unable to verify some sites). For those I use Firefox, sometimes FF locks up on me, "not responding" & is slower. ~~ grnspot110

/ Google Chrome issues? #5  
edit: I submitted this new thread using google chrome, but seem to have trouble submitting posts to existing threads?
Thought I'd try a post using Chrome, 7.0.517.44, under OSX 10.6.5. Worked fine.

/ Google Chrome issues? #6  
I've used Firefox for years and like it. Tried Chrome but wasn't impressed. Don't trust anything installed on my PC associated with Google. They have a reputation for collecting personal data. :thumbdown: