Have any implement purchase regrets?

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
Hi,

just curious. Here is mine.

I bought a backhoe with my B2910 Kubota about 15 years ago. One bucket was included. Any size. The second was paid for.

I chose 16 & 10 buckets.

I now realize a 24 and 16 would have made more sense. Live and learn.

For soil conditions here the 10 does not let the clay soil drop out freely. I do not even use the 10 when digging stumps anymore. The 16 is not much different.

Just wondering if if I am the only one that learned a lesson after the fact...

* Not sure why the inch symbol does not show up when I previewed this post. *

Bill

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #2  
I have a 12 and a 36 inch grading bucket. I have more hydraulic flow w/ my pto pump, 17 gpm or so, more AUTHORITY when I open the 12 inch bucket curl rapidly. Cleans right out.

I also use KRONE rustproofing liquid to coat the bucket, in and out. Provides a semi-non-stick surface. My BH is a 10 ft, Long Brand, believe it was built for Long Tractor Co. by Koyker, the loader folks.

Also purchased 6 ft oversized snow bucket. Quality/construction is fine. Just too darn big. Lip extends too far forward, easy to scalp the driveway. Not much clearance at dump angle. Would be great for mulch but I have little use for mulch. Volume is excessive for stone/gravel. It just sits.

Last edited:
   / Have any implement purchase regrets? #3  
Not much of one, but instead of buying the Land Pride landscape rake, I wish I would have bought the one like in the link below. Having the offset capabilities by simply pulling a pin would have been nice.

Landscape Rake for Compact Tractors

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #4  
Sadly, I bought a 1,000 Boom Pole. Why? Heck - it was "On Sale". Who could pass up a deal like that?

So far there hasn't been an occasion in 3 years that required more than my FEL or Cherry Picker. After bringing the Boom Pole home, I mounted it once, just to be sure it was okay, which it was/is. Then I parked it out at the edge of the woods. And there it sits. Yard Art for sure.

PS yeah, I'd like to sell it; $75 and its yours.

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #5  
i regret having bought any attachment that does not readily fit my QH that was bought after I switched to a larger tractor model. Switching to a larger tractor unit will do that....especially when a larger attachment is now desired. Several attachments require that I take the QH off......a PITA that I could do without. And one attachment that i have rarely used is the Boom Pole. In my ignorance and hindsight I've seen that the FEL will do better in most cases. Boom Pole, too, just sits near the tree line....I've repainted it just for the hellava it.:confused3:

Cheers,
Mike

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #6  
I regret buying my 14" single moldboard plow. I shopped off & on for a few years with no luck. I finally paid retail price for one and was satisfied until several months later one identical to mine showed up on Craigs List. It was close to home, two years old, stored inside, still had most of the paint on it AND it was less than half the price I paid for mine.

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #7  
A trencher is totally useless implement in this stony ground. A friend lent me one, I had a miserable time and then I went out and bought one! DUH!

What does Anton say? You Pick the Right Tool for the job! anton.jpg

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #8  
A trencher is totally useless implement in this stony ground. A friend lent me one, I had a miserable time and then I went out and bought one!

We recently put in a generator and upgraded our propane tank (which had to be relocated). The propane company came with a trenching machine and managed to grind their way down at least 6-8" in a few spots, displacing an inch or two of the top layer of shale-y bedrock. Nope, no trencher for me!

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #9  
I've got some that don't get much use, but none I regret.

I've never bought a new impliment.

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #10  
For the first 27 years, out here, I had a Ford 1710(26hp). It weighed around 3200 pounds. I bought several implements for that size tractor. Now I have my Kubota M6040 - it weights 10,100 pounds. It cost beaucoup dinero to upgrade to class two implements. But, what's a guy to do.

BTW - - one unwritten law out here in the wild west - - you ain't never gonna find ANY used implements of any kind. So, suck it up, and be prepared to buy new. Same with a tractor. I swear to God - the written law says - "all used tractors and used implement must be transported EAST of the Mississippi before being offer for sale".