Hog Damage Drag attachments

/ Hog Damage Drag attachments #1  

Aggie66

Tractor
MX 5400
We have a lot of hog damage on our property that we recently purchased and I have secured a 10 foot railroad iron to manage some of the damage. One of my concerns is attaching the drag to the back of our tractor and also the UTV. my concern is the pull cables getting into the tires and possibly becoming a safety issue. Has anyone developed an attachment or how to attach that can minimize this issue or is it just something you have to live with and watch out for. Any feedback is appreciated.

/ Hog Damage Drag attachments #2  
Just be careful. Set you cables/ chains wide enough to keep the drag perpendicular behind you but not excessively wide.

/ Hog Damage Drag attachments #3  
Thread the cables thru some metal piping. It will “stiffen” the connections and prevent the cables from becoming entangled with the wheels.

Alternatively, purchase a couple of angle irons and use them the connect to the railroad iron.

/ Hog Damage Drag attachments #4  
Guess it all depends on what you’re trying to do. I’d box blade the big stuff and call it good unless you’re trying to hay or make it a lawn. Those dang things will be back as long as whatever they were eating is there. My neighbor has been working for three years now to recondition some hay fields he bought and after a year of trying he killed everything, disked it, and started over. And he unfortunately for the hog situation lives up against some public land so we’re constantly out there blasting pigs.

/ Hog Damage Drag attachments
Thanks for all the feedback. I’ll incorporate your suggestions and oil up the AR.

/ Hog Damage Drag attachments #7  
Thanks for all the feedback. I’ll incorporate your suggestions and oil up the AR.
We have hooked a drag behind our box blade, also a disk harrow. If you like, you can hold the harrow or blade up, until needed to help out the drag, then apply a little weight or a lot, as needed

/ Hog Damage Drag attachments #8  
No hogs here - just lots of pocket gophers. I made a 4' x 4' wooden drag for behind my ATV. I also reverse my rear blade behind my tractor. This is my drag......

IMG_0002.jpeg

/ Hog Damage Drag attachments
We have hooked a drag behind our box blade, also a disk harrow. If you like, you can hold the harrow or blade up, until needed to help out the drag, then apply a little weight or a lot, as needed
That’s a good idea using the box blade.