Hog Damage Drag attachments

/ Hog Damage Drag attachments #11  
We have a lot of hog damage on our property that we recently purchased and I have secured a 10 foot railroad iron to manage some of the damage. One of my concerns is attaching the drag to the back of our tractor and also the UTV. my concern is the pull cables getting into the tires and possibly becoming a safety issue. Has anyone developed an attachment or how to attach that can minimize this issue or is it just something you have to live with and watch out for. Any feedback is appreciated.

Steel shaft (cut up mobile tie downs) welded to RR iron slip larger chain loop over shaft before welding...Use a shackle if necessary..
Cut keyhole in blade run chain through.. you can also back feed chain in same keyhole so it doesn't slip out..

IMG_20200309_182242702.jpg

IMG_20200309_182232391.jpg

IMG_20200309_182255103.jpg

IMG_20200309_182255103~2.jpg

You could probably apply this to lots of attachments... Just cut your keyhole big enough to slide chain through, then the slit of it only big enough for the individual link to hook on. Keyhole has to be vertical to work...

You can lengthen the chain so the RR iron is always on ground, or shorten it at the keyhole so that it picks up with the blade.

Use at least 3/8 grade 70 or 80 chain nothing smaller..

Last edited:
   / Hog Damage Drag attachments #12  
Here's a second blade I fabbed up with it in action. You have to notch out RR iron where the shaft/rod welds on.

IMG_20200429_174638166.jpg
IMG_20200429_174633203.jpg

Last edited:
   / Hog Damage Drag attachments
Steel shaft (cut up mobile tie downs) welded to RR iron slip larger chain loop over shaft before welding...Use a shackle if necessary..
Cut keyhole in blade run chain through.. you can also back feed chain in same keyhole so it doesn't slip out..

View attachment 771983
View attachment 771984
View attachment 771985
View attachment 771986

You could probably apply this to lots of attachments... Just cut your keyhole big enough to slide chain through, then the slit of it only big enough for the individual link to hook on. Keyhole has to be vertical to work...

You can lengthen the chain so the RR iron is always on ground, or shorten it at the keyhole so that it picks up with the blade.

Use at least 3/8 grade 70 or 80 chain nothing smaller..
Thanks for your feedback. What a novel approach with the keyhole design. I’ll bet others will find this helpful. Great idea.

/ Hog Damage Drag attachments #14  
"Are those bolts or rebar". They are large spikes( nails ). I pre-drilled small diameter holes - clear thru the timbers - and used Gorilla glue to hold the spikes in place.

I'm really surprised. The entire thing has lasted over six years and no repairs needed. Flop it on one side - its smooth. Flop on the other side - you have the spikes.

I tow it with my ATV. A rope off two corners forms a towing yoke.

It's amazing how - sometimes - your cheapest implement works so very well.

Last edited: