How are we gonna fix this

/ How are we gonna fix this #21  
And nobody has asked how the heck that got down in there or where it came from?

But yes, good thinking! (y)

/ How are we gonna fix this #22  
My grandson had the drain in his shower run slow. He tried rooting it several times withou luck. He hired a rooter service and they could not get past a couple of feet before rejection. He then had them camera it to see what the issue was.

View attachment 782852Here is what they saw.

They quoted him $3800 to jack hammer out the floor and then replace the tile.

I said that’s crazy and let me see what I can do. I thought about it for a while and said, I wonder if I can pull it out with my shop vac. Stuck it on the drain and in 2 seconds…

Here’s the result.
View attachment 782853
how the heck that got down in there or where it came from?

/ How are we gonna fix this #23  
Isn't it just the screen out of a drain screen? I assumed it got "plungered" down the drain as someone was trying to loosen the clog...

/ How are we gonna fix this #24  
I probably would have suffered for a couple of weeks, taking showers outside standing in the snow before breaking down and paying the $3800. Then after mentioning it here somebody would ask "Did you try to get it out with your shop vac?" :D

/ How are we gonna fix this #25  
Like most things Probably could have been fixed with explosives! Just flush a couple of m80's and stand back ! Pressure should lift it gently back to the shower pan !

/ How are we gonna fix this #26  
And nobody has asked how the heck that got down in there or where it came from?

But yes, good thinking! (y)
It looks to me like some sort of strainer cup that fits down into the drain, beneath the flush mounted cover on the shower floor. Correct OP?

/ How are we gonna fix this #28  
My first try would have been with a bent coat hanger. I don't think I would have ever thought of using my shop vac. That's really using the 'ol noggin.........

You deserve this....(y)

/ How are we gonna fix this
The shower had a “slot drain” similar to this. Apparently the pin that holds the hair screen came off.

BD5B9231-B4ED-4319-8E80-DEF5E0ED6F0F.jpeg

/ How are we gonna fix this #30  
Ahh. I've seem the finished product before and always wondered how they dealt with hair. S the tiled cover just lifts out?