How is this possible?

/ How is this possible? #41  
I'd like to know where the truck has lived it's life. Up here it's not unheard of for Fords to rust right where that bent. I've seen Rangers and F150's bent similarly because of the rust. My son's 04 ranger was swiss cheese in the same area, we were able to replaced the rear half of the frame with a used one from down South. On that truck there's a front and back section that are riveted together. Odd about the paint differences in the pics though.

/ How is this possible? #42  
From the link /pine posted

This trucks frame broke... The frame is not bent it sheared....IIRC this is a F450 and the owner had a local frame shop repair the frame and he hit the road again... Pretty huge thread in the TC forum about six months ago..*

4500 lb TC plus heavy tongue weight on the trailer plus a receiver extension was too much for the F450. Frame breaks are not as uncommon as you might think in a TC.*

Now I want to find that thread

/ How is this possible? #43  
I’ve loaded my ton heavy enough that I had to take some logs off so it would steer. I’ve seen other trucks loaded so the front is completely off the ground. And that’s a F-450. I’ve never looked at a new 450 but if it’s anything like my 90s 3500HD the frame is way heavier than a ton truck frame. I’m guessing significant rust is the only way.
I agree. That seriously stinks. And thankfully it didn't happen on the highway!

/ How is this possible? #44  
The frame may not have bent at all. The bolts holding on the bed may have broke, stripped out (whatever) to allow the bed to come off the frame. I doubt the frame would be broken and the rear wheels still be on the ground as in the picture.

If that were true, wouldn't the cab be sitting normal and just the bed tilted up?

Edit: I see that the frame sheared in later posts, it appears to have bent enough to lift the cab first if it did shear..

/ How is this possible? #45  
I did see that the frame was repaired in the link but why was it repaired? Obviously not too well...lol. Makes me wonder if it was welded to more swiss cheese. Just add filler for the holes.

/ How is this possible? #47  
The frame may not have bent at all. The bolts holding on the bed may have broke, stripped out (whatever) to allow the bed to come off the frame. I doubt the frame would be broken and the rear wheels still be on the ground as in the picture.

No the frame is definitely bent assuming it’s a real picture. The camper anchors to the frame and the receiver hitch anchors to the frame. Plus the cab is lifted.

/ How is this possible? #49  
Just a guess, but if the story is true, it sounds like the frame broke twice, and the guy had it fixed once. I assume that is why the pics are different.

/ How is this possible? #50  
Just a guess, but if the story is true, it sounds like the frame broke twice, and the guy had it fixed once. I assume that is why the pics are different.
As I understand it, he had the frame break on a F350, had it fixed, then upgraded to a F450 and had the same issue.

Aaron Z