HP For Snow Blower

/ HP For Snow Blower #1  

Yogi05

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T25 Foton TB504
I have a broken Foton TB504 (50hp) and it came with a snow blower.
I am toying with the idea of buying a new TYM T25 tractor.
I'm curious if I can use my current snow blower on the T25.

The setting:

The blower I own now is an older Lucknow S5 OH. Spec sheet says minimum recommended
HP for that model is 20hp, maximum recommended 35hp.
50 inches wide, single auger.

My driveway is about 100 feet and I can clean it in two swipes, then some cleanup around the road entrance.

The T25 spec sheet says it has 18HP at the PTO.

I generally go slow anyway when blowing snow, but when I use a machine I sometimes push it and expect
certain results (with the realm of common sense)

Opinions on whether this tractor can run my current blower without destroying parts every time I use it?
It's not a deal breaker, there is a snow blade option for the T25, and I have also done my drive with the
bucket too. Not a big deal.

/ HP For Snow Blower #2  
If the 3 point will lift it should be no problem running 5 ft blower unless you get lots of heavy wet snow. I run 54” on Branson 2400H tractor which is similar size tractor with no problem especially with HST tranny where infinite speed is nice.

/ HP For Snow Blower #3  
I have a broken Foton TB504 (50hp) and it came with a snow blower.
I am toying with the idea of buying a new TYM T25 tractor.
I'm curious if I can use my current snow blower on the T25.

The setting:

The blower I own now is an older Lucknow S5 OH. Spec sheet says minimum recommended
HP for that model is 20hp, maximum recommended 35hp.
50 inches wide, single auger.

My driveway is about 100 feet and I can clean it in two swipes, then some cleanup around the road entrance.

The T25 spec sheet says it has 18HP at the PTO.

I generally go slow anyway when blowing snow, but when I use a machine I sometimes push it and expect
certain results (with the realm of common sense)

Opinions on whether this tractor can run my current blower without destroying parts every time I use it?
It's not a deal breaker, there is a snow blade option for the T25, and I have also done my drive with the
bucket too. Not a big deal.

Good morning Yogi05,

There is no reason you could not use the FOTON or the Tym for this snowblower.

The issue is clearing speed as you do not want to travel too fast in reverse while clearing is you could plug the chute and cross augers and shear a pin.

The previous owner purchased this snow blower knowing he or she could use the tractors horsepower to their advantage in reverse while clearing as the lowest speed of travel will allow you to cast the snow as far as possible no matter how deep it is as the paddle fan is operating at 540 RPM+ with the maximum amount of torque delivered to the gearbox.

/ HP For Snow Blower #4  
I take it you had no luck in getting the cab repaired on the Foton? That's rough, and I'm sorry to hear it; otherwise the tractor had served you well, if I remember right?

That all said, the TYM T25 ought to run that blower just fine, and it's a real nice little machine.

/ HP For Snow Blower
I take it you had no luck in getting the cab repaired on the Foton? That's rough, and I'm sorry to hear it; otherwise the tractor had served you well, if I remember right?

That all said, the TYM T25 ought to run that blower just fine, and it's a real nice little machine.
Insurance gave me a certain amount to replace the cab, but the estimate I had was $2k more TO START. So whatever else they ran into doing the swap would be on that too.
I didn't replace it. I was impressed I could still get a complete cab but I didn't have any extra money if the estimate got carried away.
My original plan was to give the dealer what they wanted to remove the cab, run it open station while I send the cab to a local guy who likes to mess with "challenges" and see if he could straighten it, and then I'd save up to have it reinstalled. That idea got stalled as I explain below about the shuttle.

The blower I had with it (the one I'm asking about for the TYM) was also damaged in the wind storm. The track for turning the shoot is bent down several inches on one end. I think I can bend it back with some well placed heat and then hopefully use it with the TYM if I buy it. (I know...I mention no money above, but the dealer is selling them for $63 a week, amortized over the rest of my life :)

I just used the bucket on the Foton for part of the winter last year, then the shuttle shift seems to have disconnected inside the transmission, which ironically requires removing the cab (and maybe more - like body) to access. I will be doing that eventually and maybe end up with 2 tractors. A biggun and littleun.

I figured this blower would work with the TYM if common sense is used. You don't shove a huge piece of wood through a table saw if it bogs down either, right?
The TYM of course will have a FEL so there's that if I get too big a snow fall.

Thanks for the opinions guys. Appreciated !
I just needed a little back up on my own thoughts.

/ HP For Snow Blower
If the 3 point will lift it should be no problem running 5 ft blower unless you get lots of heavy wet snow. I run 54” on Branson 2400H tractor which is similar size tractor with no problem especially with HST tranny where infinite speed is nice.
The spec for the 3 point shows as around 1500 lbs, the spec on my blower shows as weighing 500lbs. (That sounds a bit light, but I guess specs are specs).
Lifting it shouldn't be a problem.

/ HP For Snow Blower
Good morning Yogi05,

There is no reason you could not use the FOTON or the Tym for this snowblower.

The issue is clearing speed as you do not want to travel too fast in reverse while clearing is you could plug the chute and cross augers and shear a pin.

The previous owner purchased this snow blower knowing he or she could use the tractors horsepower to their advantage in reverse while clearing as the lowest speed of travel will allow you to cast the snow as far as possible no matter how deep it is as the paddle fan is operating at 540 RPM+ with the maximum amount of torque delivered to the gearbox.
I have been using it on the Foton. It came with it when the guy gave it to me.
It's goes through any amount of snow no problem on that tractor. But it's broken now and I had to weight fixing it, or new tractor payments.

If I eventually get the Foton fixed it'll leave me the option to keep both, or sell one or the other.

Thanks for the reply.

/ HP For Snow Blower
That's some real life/experience confirmation there. Thank you.

/ HP For Snow Blower #9  
One more point of reference, I used to run a 64" Woods SB64S blower on a 23 hp Deere 855, which was rated something like 19 hp at PTO. It did just fine in any virgin snow of any depth, but would bog and struggle when I'd get into deep hard-pack the road plows would leave me at the end of the driveway. I got thru just fine by raising the 3-point a bit, and just making two passes to get down to asphalt, but it's worth noting.

/ HP For Snow Blower #10  
Insurance...

You've really had some rough luck over the past year, I hope it improves. I understand the craziness of being broke, and yet for a little skin every month for the rest of your life you can buy a brand new machine.

It's quite easier to buy a more expensive new machine than it is to save up for a cheaper one. You'll really like the T25, I suspect; I've only played around with one at an open house event, but I was absolutely impressed with it. Add to that, if you check the TYM section, they're very well regarded.