Hyd hose ends

/ Hyd hose ends #1  

ch1ch2

Veteran Member
Tractor
IH 584, NH TC33DA, NH TN95A
What kind of hose ends do I have on my NH 820TL? A bucket cylinder hose ruptured and blew hyd fluid all over me and my tractor. I have had leaks before but never a full blown rupture. After I got it shut down and changed clothes and showered, I went to remove the hose and get a new one made. The cyl end came off just fine. I was expecting it to be a pipe thread or a jic but it was neither. It had a tapered ball (if you will) inside a female nut acting like a swivel connection. Then I went to remove the other end in the manifold. After much studying of it I pulled a U shaped plastic keeper off, and pushed and pulled on the hose until the end just pulled out of the manifold. I have taken the hose to five places that make hoses and no one has ever seen those ends. One place was the local NH dealer. They said they would have to order the replacement and their computer does not say what ends are on the hose. Just that all four cyl hoses are the same size. Tractor has been down a week now and I am expecting a call tomorrow telling me the hose is in. Hope it is the right one.

Last edited:
   / Hyd hose ends #2  
Good luck

/ Hyd hose ends #3  
Do you have a local NAPA? They recently made a replacement hose for my NH loader after I blew one out.

/ Hyd hose ends
Can't hurt to try NAPA. I really would like to know what kind of ends I have. I also would like to get some adapters so I can use common hose ends as a temp replacement so I won't have the extended down time.

/ Hyd hose ends #5  
The one with the ball looking inside is a female swivel pipe. It screws on to a male hyd. pipe thread.

/ Hyd hose ends #6  
Can you post pictures? The agree with Lee above that the one with the "ball" is most likely a female pipe swivel, but the other end with a plastic keeper? I can't think of anything like that.

/ Hyd hose ends
No. It is not a NPT. We tried threading it at the hose maker. It only goes on a couple of threads and then it binds up. The treads are hard to see but they are not tapered. They are parallel.
The good news is you got me to thinking. About 20 years ago I changed out some hoses on my IH. It had British Pipe Thread. I dug through some old stuff and found what I think is that BPT. The problem is it is not tapered. I thought all pipe thread is tapered. So I do not know what I have.

/ Hyd hose ends
DSCN8344.jpg

/ Hyd hose ends
DSCN8345.jpg