I think I need a Starter

/ I think I need a Starter #21  
Eddie, I have a parts manual for my Century 2535. I also includes part numbers for the 2028, 3035,3040, and 3045 models.

For the starter it has the part number HA 15010000B1. That starter fit all of the three cylinder models for that year (2004). This parts list was published by American Jawa who owned the Century tractors at that time. Do not know how it compares with the Branson 3510 that was made then. Hope this will get you going. W. Jones

/ I think I need a Starter
Thank you, that is what I'm going to look for now!!!

/ I think I need a Starter #24  
That is great. Keep us posted as to how this turns out. The packing is a piece that fits between the starter and block and has the same number. Thanks for the update.

Thanks. So far I haven't found it online and I'm hesitant to go back to the dealer who gave me the wrong part number, and wanted over $1,700 for it.

/ I think I need a Starter #26  
With the number I gave you they should be able to reference a current number. Hope you can resolve this. W. Jones

Eddie, I am out of town working this week but will be back this weekend. I will be glad to look at it with you if you want some help.

Thank you for taking the time help and explaining to me how to test the starter properly. I enjoyed seeing your Branson project in person and seeing all that you are doing to it.

It turns out that I made a mistake in how I was testing the starter, and once it was done properly, it turned out that my starter is fine. That led me to the key switch, which wasn't working properly. I replaced it with a Marine Grade Switch from Amazon, and it fired right up!!!

I'm going to keep the new, smaller starter because there is a very good chance that it has all the parts in it to repair the original starter when it does finally wear out. I can't imagine it would get any easier or cheaper to try and find it in the future.

Thank you to everyone for your help, I really appreciate it!!!

Eddie

/ I think I need a Starter #28  
Thank you for taking the time help and explaining to me how to test the starter properly. I enjoyed seeing your Branson project in person and seeing all that you are doing to it.

It turns out that I made a mistake in how I was testing the starter, and once it was done properly, it turned out that my starter is fine. That led me to the key switch, which wasn't working properly. I replaced it with a Marine Grade Switch from Amazon, and it fired right up!!!

I'm going to keep the new, smaller starter because there is a very good chance that it has all the parts in it to repair the original starter when it does finally wear out. I can't imagine it would get any easier or cheaper to try and find it in the future.

Thank you to everyone for your help, I really appreciate it!!!

Eddie

I am so glad it is running again. If ever you need anything I am here to help!

/ I think I need a Starter #30  
Great news indeed. Glad you are back in business!