I think I need a Starter

/ I think I need a Starter
I spoke too soon. It fired up so well when I put the starter back in and swapped out the key switch that I figured I was back in business. This morning, the battery was dead, not all the way dead, but enough that it just turned over slowly, without any power.

I jumped it from my truck and it fired right up. I drilled a few post holes with it, and then turned it off to measure the where the next set of holes needs to be. When I tried to start it, it was totally dead. Not even trying to turn over or do anything. No clicking, nothing.

I got my truck, put on the jumpers, and still nothing. This is exactly how it was when I thought the starter was out. I touched the hot terminal from the battery to the key switch to see if I could bypass the problem, but nothing happened.

My goal was to use this tractor just for drilling post holes. It's 37 HP, 4x4, without a loader. It's been a great post hold digging tractor, but now it's becoming a project that I don't want to put any more time into right now. I'm leaving it out in the field for now, and will drag it back to the house some other day. I have a 65 HP 2WD Deere that I'm going to put the auger on and use that instead. I wanted to keep that tractor as my hay bale tractor, but now it's going to be used for both.

When I get around to working on it, my plan is to remove what wires are left on it and then just connect the bare minimum to start it and charge the battery. Absolutely nothing else will get a wire!!!!!

/ I think I need a Starter #32  
Eddie, sorry it is acting up again. Wires are not bad though and it will still use same ones to start it no matter how many it has. I know it is frustrating right now and you have work you need to do but it will run again.

I am willing to help you get it fixed and it should not take us much more than an hour to find the problem and make it more reliable.