If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here...

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #651  
Hello Everyone
I have the 2005 B Series I was having the no drive power and would loose bucket and lift power. Replaced front drive And All power cam back. however had no 2 speed and yes the two speed is turned on. So talking to the people I purchased Drive from said could be other drive and Bobcat service that the same . So put a Drive in rear same problem .Checking Charge Pressure I have 350PSI which in Spec. so in low range on jacks the tires spin 45 to 46 In two speed front turns 65 and rear turns 36. this was from dealer when I brought in to Calibrate drive motors and updates on the machine. So Bobcat said one on the drives must be bad. So loaded Machine took took to place that I purchased the drives from luckily there where 2 hours away they said brimng out and let use look at it. So they pulled drives and tested and checked out fine. put bench tested motor in rear and put the one from rear into the front same results. So then they where thinking maybe a collapsed hose from Pilot valve to the speed on the motors.. They made a hose from Pilot valve to rear motor with a gauge on and they plugged the front hose. motor would show 350psi in low range and when two speed on 400 psi but 2 speed would not kick in. So they added a porta power and when they pumped 500psi the 2 speed took off. they are baffled. we have confirmed both drives are good . front seems like its going into 2 speed. Swapped Speed sensors front to back same results. Any one have any Ideas. they even tried weaker 2 speed valve springs which did give a little more speed. but if any slight incline drops to 10.5 mph. Going down hill it will go like crazy but if flat road only 10.5. Any Ideas?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #652  
I have a 2008 Toolcat and the Bob-Tach quit working. I have power to the solenoid but the cylinders will not move in either direction. I can move them by hand, so I know they aren't seized up. Suggestions?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #653  
Hello Everyone
I have the 2005 B Series I was having the no drive power and would loose bucket and lift power. Replaced front drive And All power cam back. however had no 2 speed and yes the two speed is turned on. So talking to the people I purchased Drive from said could be other drive and Bobcat service that the same . So put a Drive in rear same problem .Checking Charge Pressure I have 350PSI which in Spec. so in low range on jacks the tires spin 45 to 46 In two speed front turns 65 and rear turns 36. this was from dealer when I brought in to Calibrate drive motors and updates on the machine. So Bobcat said one on the drives must be bad. So loaded Machine took took to place that I purchased the drives from luckily there where 2 hours away they said brimng out and let use look at it. So they pulled drives and tested and checked out fine. put bench tested motor in rear and put the one from rear into the front same results. So then they where thinking maybe a collapsed hose from Pilot valve to the speed on the motors.. They made a hose from Pilot valve to rear motor with a gauge on and they plugged the front hose. motor would show 350psi in low range and when two speed on 400 psi but 2 speed would not kick in. So they added a porta power and when they pumped 500psi the 2 speed took off. they are baffled. we have confirmed both drives are good . front seems like its going into 2 speed. Swapped Speed sensors front to back same results. Any one have any Ideas. they even tried weaker 2 speed valve springs which did give a little more speed. but if any slight incline drops to 10.5 mph. Going down hill it will go like crazy but if flat road only 10.5. Any Ideas?

We need an update on your problem please.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #654  
I have a 2008 Toolcat and the Bob-Tach quit working. I have power to the solenoid but the cylinders will not move in either direction. I can move them by hand, so I know they aren't seized up. Suggestions?

Do you have a good ground on the solenoids?

Do the solenoids activate?

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #655  
Do you have a good ground on the solenoids?

Do the solenoids activate?

Yes. I took the solenoids off and put a screwdriver through them and activated them with the switch. Each one became "magnetized" when the corresponding switch was depressed.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #656  
Yes. I took the solenoids off and put a screwdriver through them and activated them with the switch. Each one became "magnetized" when the corresponding switch was depressed.

Take solenoids back off of stem, remove stem from valve block, put solenoid back of stem then try it and listen or feel if stem is actually moving. Sometimes debris will lockup a stem internally.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #657  
Take solenoids back off of stem, remove stem from valve block, put solenoid back of stem then try it and listen or feel if stem is actually moving. Sometimes debris will lockup a stem internally.

Well I believe we found the problem. It appears that the "stem" is bent. I have no idea how that happened, but when I got it off it looks bent. Now for the big question, can I buy just that or do I have to buy the whole valve? Quick search on-line doesn't come up with a part number. New valve is >$700

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #658  
can you post a picture of the bent stem

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #659  
bob tach 1.jpgbob tach 2.jpg
not sure if you can see it, but the piston won't slide in/out.

/ If you have Toolcat questions, ask them here... #660  
how did it get bent, something beat it pretty good, I could straighten it using the lathe in a couple mins at least enough to work, doubt just the part you need is available without buying the whole kit