Klutch ST200iDV

/ Klutch ST200iDV #1  

BufordBoone

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 & M7060
Northern Tool has the ST200iDV on sale for $258.99

Does anyone have experience with this or any other Klutch welders?

Will they run 6010 or 6011? The manual says suggested electrodes are: E6013, E7014, E7018, Stainless Steel.

I want to get another welder (or two). I'm not looking for another multi process machine in order to save money and setup time.

I also want something that is small and light for portability. The ST200iDV weighs 11.25 lbs. It is dual voltage.

Additionally, recommendations for a lightweight, dual voltage stick only welder would be appreciated.

/ Klutch ST200iDV
147 views over more than 2 days and no responses?

I just may give it a try and report back.

/ Klutch ST200iDV #3  
Isn't Klutch and Eastwood the same machine? I saw on welders web where a guy upgrades a Klutch to something that Eastwood offered. Side by side they were identical. My guess is that the Klutch doesn't offer enough OCV to run Cellulose rods. Otherwise it's a selling point they wouldn't overlook. I once ran a Klutch 40A Plasma and was surprised at the performance and it used the same torch as Hobart. Not that Hobart is any good, Just the same torch. If you just want a cheap tig/stick unit, You can get one on E-bay for $100. Good Luck.

/ Klutch ST200iDV
While waiting on my Lincoln MP210 issue to be corrected, I ordered the ST200iDV. I've found it to be very easy to use. I'm very much a novice, still at the stage of "pads of beads".

So far, I'm very favorably impressed. It is very light weight, works off 120 or 240 and has given me no problems.

I hope this performance continues.

/ Klutch ST200iDV #5  
I just ordered one this week and should be here tomorrow. Ive heard good things about them. I bought it to use on the ranch to run off a generator for some fencing.

/ Klutch ST200iDV #6  
I have a Clutch ST80i that I bought for a job a few years ago and that little $150 welder is pretty amazing. I owned two Miller Maxstar 150's and they would trip breakers everywhere I used them when running 3/32 rod but the Clutch hasen't tripped a breaker yet. Those Millers were $1,000 each and although I was able to get some jobs done with them they were a pain in the ***, I sold them both. Now im thinking about getting a another machine, maby the ST200 so I can run 1/8 rod off my small inverter generator because it's so quiet.

/ Klutch ST200iDV
I just ordered one this week and should be here tomorrow. Ive heard good things about them. I bought it to use on the ranch to run off a generator for some fencing.

Please let us know how you like it. I'm very impressed with mine. I'm just learning to weld, however, so I've really got nothing to compare to.

/ Klutch ST200iDV #8  
Please let us know how you like it. I'm very impressed with mine. I'm just learning to weld, however, so I've really got nothing to compare to.

So i got mine today. I was only running it on a 115v outlet in my garage this afternoon an i like it so far. I need to practice my stick welding more since i am used to wire/mig welding. It did fine when i was testing it out on some rusty pipe just so i could practice fitting pipe before i replace some of my corner post. I was running 6011 3/32 sticks just fine on 75amps, the 6011 1/8 did not like the low 75 amps (go figure) so i will soon be testing it on 220v. But for the size i like it so far, i went ahead and installed a 300amp hobart electrode holder because i like the big clamp over the small one that comes stock.