Knowing What U Know Now!

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #31  
Knowing what u know now would u still buy the tractor you purchased? If not why and what would you buy in stead? How does that tractor better suit your needs?

Git-R-Done
Yes. I'd buy the same machine. It suits our needs just right. (y)

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #32  
We down size so Mrs. would feel more comfortable mostly also no need for larger tractor...Mrs. choosen well.

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #33  
I have strict size limitations to access certain parts of my property. My SCUT has been so useful and I would not change what I bought. I am glad I went with the Backhoe and the 25 HP.
Wish I had a ZT instead of my lawn tractor though, but $$

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #34  
I'm tracking LD1 - I had an L3800 and it was great. But mowing tall grass it was struggling between overheating and bogging down way to often with a 5' mower deck. And the lift capacity drive me nuts. I stepped up to an MX5800 and love it. It is an animal. Started baling last year and it runs great with that - I'm sure the l3800 would have choked there.

I do miss the smaller size moving stuff in the barn, but that is the only place. Someday I'd love to own a skid steer (probably an orange one too from everything I've read), but hard to justify.

For the record, we have 35 acres. You have to size the machine for your property. If I had 5 acres, my L3800 would have been a great size (except the occasional heavy lifting... for which I'd still prefer a skid steer)

xfaxman - that telehandler looks sweet - I love the picture of it running away with a tree.

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #35  
If I hadn't had the Kubota blinders on I may have ended up with a geared 2610 Kioti, because it is very comparable to my old L275 Kubota which was a great tractor. It also would have been too small for my needs, although I still don't care for the HST. I've only put about 550 hours on it though, so maybe I will get used to it.

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #36  
Am happy with my Kioti DK5010. Part of what motivated my purchase at the time was a great sale promotion Kioti had. If I were to buy another I would get one that enabled a lower bottom gear ratio. Sometimes with snow blower would be helpful to go slower and keep the RPMs up, etc. Would have a size quandary if buying a new one. Would prefer a smaller tractor for maneuverability but would not want to have less weight or horsepower.
Bottom line is I have no complaints and am grateful for what I have.

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #37  
Knowing what u know now would u still buy the tractor you purchased? If not why and what would you buy in stead? How does that tractor better suit your needs?

Git-R-Done
FISHING ?? I am pretty sure you will get the same reply folks would buy the same tractor..

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #38  
If I would have known back then what I know now, I would not have wasted my time with 6 different tractors (25hp to 100hp) over the past 15 years. I have it balanced now and I would have all with cabs if possible, so much nicer in the heat and cold with a cab. Right now, I have LX3310 cab, L45 TLB (wish it had a cab), Bobcat CTL T770 with cab and Yanmar Vio 80 excavator with cab. If I had my D4 back it would round out the team.

Last edited:
   / Knowing What U Know Now! #40  
It is a Bobcat V417 Versahandler, the most amazing machine that I have ever had and I have had more tractors than I can remember. For my needs it is better and safer than any tractor.

Read about it here: Compact telehandler

With the tree puller and a 24' tall cedar:

P4090021.JPG

With the Monster Grapple and a grab of brush:

P4140015.JPG

Last edited: