/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #21  
My 2019 M5-111 (tier 4) last month had catastrophic engine failure, 1,200 hours, from the diesel high pressure fuel pump. I only use gas station diesel in 5 gallon containers used only for diesel. Cost estimated $17,000. I wonder how many other Kubotas are having this issue. KTAC, Kubota insurance is not covering the claim.

I will start collecting contact info from other Kubota owners to see if this is a systemic problem of filters not filtering and maybe hold Kubota accountable. Send your contact info to me at Landruma@aol.com if interested.
landruma,

Here is link to all Kubota warranties.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #22  
Use Mr Funnel to fuel the tractor.
Good idea if you fill from a can. I have seen some real junk come of cans, especially steel ones.
Theoretically nothing should get through the tractor filters so it might be good to only use Kubota filters and keep the receipt.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #23  
Good idea if you fill from a can. I have seen some real junk come of cans, especially steel ones.
Theoretically nothing should get through the tractor filters so it might be good to only use Kubota filters and keep the receipt.
Had the Ram mechanic tell me similar for my Ram.
Use only Mopar filters. If the filter fails and does damage, Mopar is on the hook.
If using aftermarket filters, the filter company will only give you a new filter.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #24  
landruma,

was the tractor purchased new, ie with full warranty ?
or was it purchased used, and there was no warranty transfer ?
the length of warranty appears to vary, depending on part

all the best in getting this sorted

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #25  
RAM trucks with Cummins power have switched back to CP 3 pumps, If it is only a "fuel" problem then why is it not killing even older CP 3 pumps in large numbers?
Sure sounds like the CP 4 is not as tough, and from reports it sends metal everywhere when it begins to fail Not something that is reported widely with a CP 3.

Maybe the lawsuits will sort it all out.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #26  
Maybe the lawsuits will sort it all out.
OH Not where I was Going. But do see your point.
All the world needs are more lawsuits.

CP 3 is proven with a good record. I guess at about 200 K miles I should expect to have to replace the injectors as consumable wear parts though.

I find it interesting that the CP3 was always able to provide the needed pressure and volume for even the newest most powerful Cummins equipped RAM the whole time.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #27  
Not sure it’s related but diesel powered pickup trucks in the US equiped with the Bosch CP4 high pressure fuel pump have seen a lot of failures. Failure of the pump send pieces downstream sometimes resulting in $10k or more for repairs.

Failure of the pump has been attributed to lower lubricity in US diesel fuel compared to diesel fuel in Europe. Failures have generally occurred at around 100,000 miles. There are several class action lawsuits against Ford, GM, FCA, and Bosch.
VW diesels past 2009 with Bosch pumps were saved by "dieselgate", the massive recall of virtually all the vehicles sold before 2015.
From about 2010 on VW fuel pumps were failing, Bosch even published a paper mentioning the lower lubricity as the problem.
VW no longer offers a diesel car in North America. I miss my 42 MPG 2009 Jetta.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #28  
VW diesels past 2009 with Bosch pumps were saved by "dieselgate", the massive recall of virtually all the vehicles sold before 2015.
From about 2010 on VW fuel pumps were failing, Bosch even published a paper mentioning the lower lubricity as the problem.
The lubricity problem is what I try to avoid striking by adding 6 ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil to each five gallons of diesel.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #29  
How do you have a $17K estimate if the dealer hasn’t opened it up yet?
Because that's what they estimated it would cost. They told him 17k and then he told you 17k. Just following the trail

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #30  
I took one of them vw engines and rebuilt it. Still going. Wish I'd known. But that would mean I'd have to live near people. So I guess it's okay.