/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #51  
I know of 2 Kubota skis steers that have jumped time and knocked holes in the pistons now whether the fuel pump drive caused it cannot say 1 had 250 hour and one 700 Kubota refused warranty on both till lawyers were presented

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #52  
Oh that's indeed a fun one. I guess Kubota thought it was a good idea to get rid of the strainer on the fill neck?

My only fuel storage is only a 8 Gal container that serves both my tractor and homemade backhoe. Being a somewhat low storage volume, I don't get fuel sitting too long and any trash on the fuel typically sits on the bottom since it has a ball valve about an inch or so from the bottom. Even if it did, the strainer on the tractor would've caught it. The smaller stuff gets caught by the filter.

On this tractor with the the fuel tank by the steps, makes it very easy to fuel. Just put it on the floor and open the ball valve. Of course that doing this way only works for comically small operations like mine. It's not pratical at all for some actual farming with lots of equipment.

View attachment 753591

Being Portuguese, have you ever visited Brazil?
I hear its amazing.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #53  
So when did the hyper sensitive fuel systems come into being?

Is is tied into a position tier?

In other words tier 3 no and tier 4 yes?

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #54  
Being Portuguese, have you ever visited Brazil?
I hear its amazing.
It sure is. I have not though but given the last 5 years or so, I'm almost living in Brazil, since anywhere I look, there a Brazilian person there. My hometown is particularly worse in that regard.

My dad did spend a couple months there tuning, adjusting and teaching them on how to run the machines that would assemble the cassettes way back when cassette was a thing.

Last edited:
   / Kubota catastrophic engine failures #55  

Good question ultrarunner, I'm interested in the actual answer also! I'm willing to bet that you already nailed the answer though!

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #56  
I know of 2 Kubota skis steers that have jumped time and knocked holes in the pistons now whether the fuel pump drive caused it cannot say 1 had 250 hour and one 700 Kubota refused warranty on both till lawyers were presented
That sure sounds like the injection pump solid roller cam failure where the lifter turns in its bore and then destroys the timing gears which also allows piston to valve contact.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #57  
Why don't YOU read your warranty, rather than accept the dealer's take? I believe the engine and drive line have a six year warranty.

Because the OP is out of his warranty period. But the OP is trying to collect data to see if his type of failure is a common failure or not.

Throttle back.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #58  
Good question ultrarunner, I'm interested in the actual answer also! I'm willing to bet that you already nailed the answer though!
Not really, Tier 4 brought exhaust aftertreatment into the picture. Tier 3, and to some extent even earlier, represented what engineers could do within the cylinder, which is more relevant to the fuel discussion. If you want a rule of thumb, the better one is probably solenoid actuated common rail systems versus mechanically timed injection.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #59  
When was mechanical timed injection replaced?

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #60  

That would be my question, as the tier 4 revs up when doing the regen much higher than usual.