Box Scraper Land Planes / Grading Scrapers

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #31  
^ dang. Does look nice, but over twice the price of my Bad boy land plane. And it would do the exact same job that mine does. Sometimes EA seems to overbuild stuff just for the heck of it. And they charge you accordingly. More power to 'em and anyone who wants the best.

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #32  
OP, I have a Land Plane GS0560 for my Kubota X2230 tractor. It has roughly 22 hp. That land plane is 60" wide, and has 2 angled blades, either for pulling forward or could be bolted for reverse pushing. But the blade holders are welded to the side frame, and set about 1/2" to an 1' below the side frame bottoms. If I just drop the 3pt and let it float, the landplane can load more than the traction the BX2230 can pull. If the blades could be level to the bottom, in freshly spreading gravel might be better. Can't say. I think I wanted the next frame size GS1560? But salesman said too big for my tractor. Is the 1023 bigger than my BX2230? Mine has loaded turf tires, with wheel weights. Jon

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers
OP, I have a Land Plane GS0560 for my Kubota X2230 tractor. It has roughly 22 hp. That land plane is 60" wide, and has 2 angled blades, either for pulling forward or could be bolted for reverse pushing. But the blade holders are welded to the side frame, and set about 1/2" to an 1' below the side frame bottoms. If I just drop the 3pt and let it float, the landplane can load more than the traction the BX2230 can pull. If the blades could be level to the bottom, in freshly spreading gravel might be better. Can't say. I think I wanted the next frame size GS1560? But salesman said too big for my tractor. Is the 1023 bigger than my BX2230? Mine has loaded turf tires, with wheel weights. Jon

The 1023 is basically the same as a BX. I had a BX 2370 previously and I’d call the two tractors basically identical in size and capability. I also have a larger framed tractor with 38hp. I’ve seen a couple of the smaller land planes out there priced significantly less than the 72” varieties that I’m considering for the larger tractor. So if you had to pic a new model today to match the BX2230, would you still pick the GS0560? Or do you think a GS0548 might be a better match?

That’s also an interesting and surprising point about the blade depth not being adjustable on your land pride. There is a land pride dealer under 5 miles from my house, but he didn’t have a single grading scraper in stock to look at when I stopped in this week.

Everything Attachments has a new wicked land plane. Improve ripper teeth. They already had a better way of mounting rippers compared to other manufacturers.

I did notice that briefly on their website the other day. I didn’t take time to watch the video about it. But I probably should now that you jogged my memory. Thanks. I shouldn’t let my bias for the retractable teeth keep me from weighing all the options out there. It’s something I plan to only buy one of in my lifetime.

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #35  
I have both a box blade and a land plane. Purchased both from Everything Attachments. The landplane will do the job for you. If it's the only project you think you'll need it for, maybe you could find one to rent.

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #36  
I was given the action end of a [previously] horse drawn 1920 Adam's grader. I modified the draw to have a three point bar, and put one hydraulic cylinder so I can lift or lower one side of the mold board while I'm grading. It works perfectly! It does snow well too, if I decide to swap out from my rear mount snowblower.

IMG_0704.JPG

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #37  
Have you considered a pull scraper? They can remove/load, haul, and level as you dump. Search for them on the used equipment sites like Trackerhouse and Machinerypete. There’s two types, one loads and hauls and the other simply drags.

I have both a box blade and a land plane. Purchased both from Everything Attachments. The landplane will do the job for you. If it's the only project you think you'll need it for, maybe you could find one to rent.

I searched rental yards and that is one attachment they didn’t have available locally. The closest yard that had one available was over an hour away and they were basically $100 a day, and I picking away at this project an hour or two at a time as my schedule permits. I’m on a have grass seed on it by September kind of timetable.

Last edited:
I was given the action end of a [previously] horse drawn 1920 Adam's grader. I modified the draw to have a three point bar, and put one hydraulic cylinder so I can lift or lower one side of the mold board while I'm grading. It works perfectly! It does snow well too, if I decide to swap out from my rear mount snowblower.

View attachment 807498

That is a sweet setup. I’d love to score something like that.

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #40  
Kubota B7800 “land shaped” drainage features and created raised areas for a barn and round pen, and pond and track using FEL, and box scrape. Final smoothing with a 3pt. rake. Using a disc then the rake works well also if dirt has become hard.
IMG_2983.jpeg

Last edited: