M-Series Snag!!!

/ M-Series Snag!!!
The L5030 actually weighs 4090#, the M5040 weighs 3968#.

Ooops!! I caught my own mistake. When I was looking at the L5030 that was the cab model. The L5030, non-cab model, actually weighs about 3700 pounds. So if you compare ROPS to ROPS it doesn't look like there is a Grand L tractor that weighs more than an Mxx40.

But I do know that the M5040 - M7040 all have the same body dimensions. The 5040 weighs 3968# and the 7040 weighs 4608#. A lot of that may be slightly bigger displacement, limited slip front differential, and especially those cast wheels.

Now comparing the Mx040 series to the L5030. The M tractors are 10" longer, 6" wider, 2" taller, with a wb of 6" more.

I just wanted to clarify that little mistake of mine. I didn't want there to be false data floating around out there due to my fault.:eek:

/ M-Series Snag!!! #42  
Glowplug said:
... And for me, my gut feeling and instinct tells me to get the M7040.

Your only obligation at this point is pictures! I just got in from a few hours of bush-hogging 6-7 acres we recently bought and it was wonderful seat-time. All this agonizing is keeping you from having the real fun - go get the M, and post pix!

Happy new year.

-Brian

/ M-Series Snag!!! #43  
glowplug this is the kwik-way snow plow 8 ft with quick attach and power angle

Attachments

• IMG_0062 (Small) (3).JPG
    IMG_0062 (Small) (3).JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 253
   / M-Series Snag!!!
n8wrl--You got a deal there!:D I'll probably start a new thread.

m7040--Thanks for posting the pic of your snowplow. That photo should go in Kwik Way's brochure. Very nice and professional looking. But I'm assuming that wasn't taken recently. Something tells me that the grass in Maryland is not still that green. I don't know why there's not a way to post pics on personal messages. I'll add that to my list of possible implements, along with the 10 or 12 others!:D

I talked to my dealer today. He said he located an M7040HD in Lexington. Just hasn't had time to go down and get it yet. Too bad Monday's a holiday. So close, but yet so far!:(

/ M-Series Snag!!! #45  
this was from mid summer this year from our place in maryland. Have tried it out (without snow) and works great. The angling is easy with the bottons on the FEL joystick

/ M-Series Snag!!! #46  
Glowplug said:
I talked to my dealer today. He said he located an M7040HD in Lexington. Just hasn't had time to go down and get it yet. Too bad Monday's a holiday. So close, but yet so far!:(

If Albert Einstein was correct about time being relative, this is now the start of the longest holiday weekend in the history of the universe....for Glowplug anyway!

jb

/ M-Series Snag!!! #47  
Chuck, one last thing, and maybe you are already going to do this and I've just missed it, GET ALL OF YOUR REMOTES AT TIME OF PURCHASE! 3 for the rear, and an electric button controlled one on the loader for that grapple & or snow plow. You will thank all of us that have suggested this when the need arises, and it will.;)

Good luck on Tuesday and try not to forget anything.:)

/ M-Series Snag!!!
MtnViewRanch said:
GET ALL OF YOUR REMOTES AT TIME OF PURCHASE! 3 for the rear, and an electric button controlled one on the loader for that grapple & or snow plow.

That's the plan man. That's what's gonna make it take a little longer than Tuesday. The loader will need to be changed to one with the self-leveling hydraulic valve; canopy and lights will need to be added; 3rd function remote added to FEL, etc. So don't think that come Tuesday I'll be posting pics here immediately. It's got two rear remotes, he said he could put on 3. I think the cost for another rear remote was about $540. I still don't know when I would NEED 3 rear remotes unless I hooked up a top 'n' tilt and used it with a box blade with hydraulic scarifiers. So I'll probably just stick with 2 rear remotes for now. It CAN be added later should the need arise.

/ M-Series Snag!!! #49  
Glowplug said:
I still don't know when I would NEED 3 rear remotes unless

Another remote is like more HP. Once you have it, you will find a use for it.
Bob

/ M-Series Snag!!! #50  
Gees, has this thread grown! I haven't read it in a while (and am too short on time to go back), but has maybe some others possibly agreed with me when I bucked the trend and said the M class wouldn't be too big? If I recall, I was the first to say it wouldn't be too much and just figured that I'd be flamed for saying so when everyone else had advised smaller. (maybe subconsciously that's why I'm bothering to read all the posts since)

So, what size is the baby gonna be? ;)