Massey GC & Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Compatable?

/ Massey GC & Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Compatable? #31  
This is the Kub hitch showing the bridge and center mount.

20210301_111624.jpg20210301_111618.jpg

This is the Massey hitch. Notice the placement of the cylinder mount.
1614694562940.png

/ Massey GC & Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Compatable? #32  
Wow, just got off the phone with Massey, 2 piece drive shaft, over $900!
$300 for the Kub shaft. I sure hope it fits the Massey PTO.

/ Massey GC & Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Compatable? #33  
$900??? Before I paid that much, I'd contact a driveshaft shop....

/ Massey GC & Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Compatable? #34  
The Massey shaft is 2 piece. I assume the splines on the blower end do not slide, and that the slide is built into the drive shaft.
I ordered the Kub shaft, hoping that the pto's are standard.

/ Massey GC & Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Compatable? #35  
this thread caught my eye today. I have a 2014 Kubota bx with quick attach front blower. While at the Massey dealer this morning picking up parts for my MF30, I noticed a Massey GC1700 with front mount blower, it caught my eye as the blower looked 100% exactly the same as my Kubota, only red! the shoe and latch assembly looked the same too, only the mount and hydraulic cylinder Location looked different than my BX. I also noticed it had an electric chute deflector, I’m going to look into the price of this to add onto my BX

Attachments

• B490BA6C-19C6-4205-85F3-CCBD0907672C.jpeg
    B490BA6C-19C6-4205-85F3-CCBD0907672C.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 126
   / Massey GC & Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Compatable? #36  
Now I'm a little confused. Going by this pic, the Massey shaft is the same as the Kub shaft.
I wonder if the Massey parts guy looked up the short piece with the slip joint and the disconnect that goes through the bearings and hitch, instead of the part that goes from the PTO to the splines. He did say there were 2 pieces. Oh well, the Kub dealer is a bit closer.
In other news, I made the plates to connect the Kub hitch holes to the Massey frame, unfortunately I made a mistake on one side and the holes are off a bit, so I need to re-make that one.

That deflector controller looks pretty simple to make, just get that electric part (I can't think of the name for it) and wire it in. My old Simplicity had one that was controlled with a twist-lock cable.
I'd be more interested in the power rotator.

1614955317995.png

/ Massey GC & Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Compatable? #37  
That's called a "linear actuator." Inside is a threaded rod and the motor turns a gear reduction set in the base (that sometimes gets water in it & freezes up). They ain't cheap, and you need to get one that has the right overall height (extended and collapsed). I think --but not sure-- the chute rotator uses a wiper motor.

DSC05591.JPG
linear actuator-6.JPG

/ Massey GC & Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Compatable? #38  
Actually, I was thinking about the hydraulic rotator.

/ Massey GC & Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Compatable? #39  
The one issue I have with my rotator is its speed. Working with prevailing winds, I'll blow to one side going up my driveway and then have to switch sides with rotator for the trip back down. Full 180 degree rotation takes about 20 seconds, so I often sit at the top waiting for the chute to rotate all the way over.

I know hydraulic ones a much faster, so you might be looking in the right direction.

/ Massey GC & Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Compatable? #40  
I do my driveway a little differently. The largest area that I clear is next to my house, which acts as a wind break. The driveway widens out to double width to enter the garage, and there's a turnaround, plus it's slightly downhill. It's about 70' or so and I relocate all the snow to the downwind area of my yard. I start at my garage and go down, and backup to the garage for every pass. Even the chute is as high as possible to move snow as far as possible. I don't really need the rotator much, the hand crank will do, but I may look into it later, I'm getting old!:)
Then I do the next area down to the road, another 80' or so, again moving snow to the yard, and backing up, should only take 3-4 passes with this blower. Lastly I do the entrance, usually from the road in, to keep from throwing snow into the road, the township frowns on that.
I may need to find a cab now.