Rear Finish Mower Mathews Flail Mower

/ Mathews Flail Mower #11  
I tried to get Flail Master to make the tapered side slicer knives and
dethatching knives but they were not the least bit interested in doing it.
even after I sent them the all the knife dimensions and thicknesses.

They would have sold a lot more side slicer knives if they had started
making the tapered side slicer knives with the loop hangers

/ Mathews Flail Mower #12  
I did not have to replace the belt. My unit had the spring-loaded idler arm and rectangular belt cover. I went through my local NH dealer and ordered about 10 knives. I don't remember how much they were. Bearings were sourced through a local bearing outlet. New knives were square and I tried to equally space them on the rotor in the tapered knives.

/ Mathews Flail Mower
I tried to get Flail Master to make the tapered side slicer knives and
dethatching knives but they were not the least bit interested in doing it.
even after I sent them the all the knife dimensions and thicknesses.

They would have sold a lot more side slicer knives if they had started
making the tapered side slicer knives with the loop hangers

You have a lot of experience. Are there square knives that will fit from flailmaster? Haven’t called to check on OEM parts yet. Hoping there will be a long time before needing parts.

Flail Mower mulched up small branches and leaves while cutting grass from recent storms easily.

/ Mathews Flail Mower #14  
Hello Smokeydog,

The folks at flailmaster had those 3 inch side slicer knives with the loop hanger holes.

/ Mathews Flail Mower
Have done more mowing with loader HD front bucket attached. With what has been mowed after several rain showers and newly mowed even wet the cut quality is top notch.

The pickup of clippings is very efficient and effective without robbing HP. Two bins collected about the same volume and weight as a tight 4x5’ round bale of hay. Checked the grass pile yesterday already full of mycelium (fungi) breaking down with an internal heat of 180 degrees. Too hot to keep hand contact. Incorporated with bucket into existing compost pile. Being finely mulched helps breaking down. Doing this is as a test. Most mowing so far is simply discharged to be mulched back into lawn. Leaves no clumps for dead spots.

The bad, going to have to switch to the rfm for the rougher areas and catch up on the trimming.

/ Mathews Flail Mower
Found an online copy of the operator’s owner manual, maintenance and parts manual. 48 pages. Went to Staples and they made a paper copy for only $4.63. Plastic binder folder $1.49.
I prefer paper copies. Can make notes. Some bearings get grease 8 hours, main rotor bearings every 40 hours and over greasing deceases life. Previous owner had used a marker to identify the 13 grease fittings. I do that too also date and hours on filters, tire pressures, etc. Picked up some industrial extreme Sharpies marks that last longer especially on hot filters and radiators. Older I get the more reminders help.
IMG_2313.JPG