Military trailer turned into a dump trailer?

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #21  
I'm a little late to the game here, but I like the concept of that "Hydraulicless dump". I admit that it's nowhere near the usefulness of a $6K dump trailer, but for those of us just needing to dump a little something every now and then, it's a great idea. If it were purpose built with an electric brake axle, a guy could pull pins in the front and then dump by using the wammy bar on a brake controller. That way he could pull away from the dump pile and then re-dump to empty the trailer without getting out of the cab.

I like it.

That's what I do now.....mine is homemade ('bout $500 in materials).....no hydraulics, just bull strength and ignorance to dump...(.although hydraulics would be cool....:cool:)

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #22  
Hey guys new person here just lurking but couldnt help but sign up to let you know about my dump trailer.I converted an m105 to dump a few years ago I will try to post pictures later.I started by cutting off the complete heavy tongue then building a new one out of 4" channel that went below the old frame and all the way back to the front of the leaf spring hanger and swiveled so the trailer doesnt dump as much as swivel on the axle.A TSC cylinder mounted in the front straight up and a 12 volt hydraulic up/down pump. The trailer doesnt dump 90 and the rear drags at full dump so Im planning a little reengeneering on of these days.Its pretty heavy but I pull it with a 3/4 ton and my tractor I havent been on the road with a load yet but I've pulled it all over the farm with loads of gravel and it seems to do great.
Trailer $400
pump $450
cylinder $125
misc steel and wood sideboards $ ?

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #23  
Also wanted to include the M105 has air over hydraulic brakes and I havent figgered out what I want to do with em yet.I did find that lots of larger equipment trailers are electric over hydraulic but the little pump thingy is crazy expensive at the trailer store

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #24  
:welcome:......Pics would be great, we always like them....:thumbsup:

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer?
Hey guys new person here just lurking but couldnt help but sign up to let you know about my dump trailer.I converted an m105 to dump a few years ago I will try to post pictures later.I started by cutting off the complete heavy tongue then building a new one out of 4" channel that went below the old frame and all the way back to the front of the leaf spring hanger and swiveled so the trailer doesnt dump as much as swivel on the axle.A TSC cylinder mounted in the front straight up and a 12 volt hydraulic up/down pump. The trailer doesnt dump 90 and the rear drags at full dump so Im planning a little reengeneering on of these days.Its pretty heavy but I pull it with a 3/4 ton and my tractor I havent been on the road with a load yet but I've pulled it all over the farm with loads of gravel and it seems to do great.
Trailer $400
pump $450
cylinder $125
misc steel and wood sideboards $ ?

You have done what I keep running through my head. The M105 is alot of trailer and cheaper than the M101/102. But I think I am going to wind up with a 101/102. Probably a 102 because it has the surge brakes.

Putting some numbers together by the time I built up a 105 to a full dump
Trailer $400
Hydraulics $500
8000k brake axle $500
New wheels and tires $300
add in some metal for the frame and my time and I can buy a new single axle dump trailer for $2100.

I think I can fine a M102 for $500 to $600 and modify the hinge from the cast to a metal bracket with a him joint. Then maybe mount an electric jack to the front of the box and the A frame to make it dump for $300. That would get me a very usable 1/2 dumping trailer for under $1000.

But I need to find some trailers to look at first. I have not actually seen one in person yet.

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #26  
Don't know if you've ever been on ebay lately but I build these all the time....look up military dump trailer and you'll see my work

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #29  
Yup that's the one I have on there....I also do the the same one withe the reg bed with the 16" rims withe the reg tires not the hummer tires that are 37"

Niiice

/ Military trailer turned into a dump trailer? #30  
Check mine out in my sign below for an example of a non-hydraulic dump. I haven't been able to max out what I could dump.