My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Me 3 !!!(y)

Good job on shoring that blade up. I must admit, I was suspect of it prior, but figured you might just be leveling smooth dirt with it. But now it should be good to go for most applications. Watch out for roots.
Kyle, it was so flimsy, I bent it straight in a pile of dirt.:unsure: Again, I had the mindset that I never bent the same designed 6 foot blade with my backhoe. But that blade would slide the whole tractor when biting too much. The CAT only slides on muddy inclines. Now, I need to have two different mindsets when using my blades.
hugs, Brandi

Me too, even though most of what you do is beyond me.(y)

Cheers,
Mike
Mike,
Getting Cheers from a guy in Kansas is just strange to me. Have you ever lived down under?
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
I like your blade. I saw a crew working along the rode that used a large metal pipe to smooth out the ground. I'm guessing it was about a 10 inch metal pipe about 8 feet long. They cut a hole in the side of the pipe for the teeth of the bucket to fit into, and ran a chain from the ends of the pipe to the bucket to hold it in place. The results where very nice!!!!
Thanks Eddie. That pipe design is exactly what the owner of my local welding shop told me, when I described my design to him. The problem with the pipe, is it couldn't slice into a pile of dirt to spread it. Since I have a cutting edge from a box blade, its slice and dice baby!

hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #497  
Mike,
Getting Cheers from a guy in Kansas is just strange to me. Have you ever lived down under?
hugs, Brandi
Only while in the Army at Fort Sam Houston, Camp Bullis and Brooke Army Medical Center for several months. Quite a memorable time.

Cheers,
Mike

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #498  
Hey Wagtail. How is it going down in St. Helens?
hugs, Brandi
It's all good down here love. It's now 'officially' Spring as we change seasons by 'date', not equinox/solstice. Nice, steady rain over the Winter so we'll have another good to great hay/growing season (we typically only get one cut per year).

We don't hear much, if any, about your ducks? 😐

It's all good down here love. It's now 'officially' Spring as we change seasons by 'date', not equinox/solstice. Nice, steady rain over the Winter so we'll have another good to great hay/growing season (we typically only get one cut per year).

We don't hear much, if any, about your ducks? 😐
I just raised 58 more. Sold 36, then the same customer came back and bought 10 more. Sold 8 to a new customer. Should have 4 left to add to my flock, but 1 disappeared not long after turning them out of the pond. So I thought I would have the 3, but they haven't came up the last two days for their daily grain ration. My old drake (He is 7) has a tumor in his wing about the size of a golf ball. He has been penned up a few weeks now on antibotics. We cheered him up yesterday by putting his 7 year old girlfriend in with him. They are not full blooded Mallards and only fly a few feet off the ground. But Donald has been dragging his wing and sometimes steps on it. He is not swimming either. So I don't know if he will be turned out or not.

Meanwhile, my friend Brady who lives at the back of my property, informed me yesterday there is another iguana in the pond. Brady shot the first one, after the little devil scarred me while feeding the fish. He jumped into the pond right near the feeding ring. He scarred me like I was watching the creature from the black lagoon swimming away. Anyway, this new pond dweller is around 3 feet long. I was looking for him in the heat of the day yesterday. I didn't see him, but I sunk a few turtles.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #500  
Made a transport cradle for the grader blade today. Now I can leave it outside. After a year or two, change out the bottom pallet.View attachment 712340
With it positioned this way, I just curl the bucket level to the ground and crab in. If needed, I can slide
the blade a little, by hand, to get it in place, then chain it.
hugs, Brandi
Hey Brandi,
Could you make a video of your new blade in action? Sure would be cool to see! :) (y)