New CX2510!

/ New CX2510!
I just started my 50 hour services. I changed the engine oil and filter and drained and refilled the axle with 80w90 gear oil. In the above video of the Orchard Hill guy he mentions the axle is filled with hydraulic oil from the factory and that it needs to be changed out with gear oil at 50 hours. I thought this strange but sure enough that's what was in there. While I was looking for the axle capacity (3 liters) I found this warning in the service manual.

PXL_20210901_125450663.jpg

Had I known this earlier I definitely would have swapped out the very thin hydraulic oil with gear oil as soon as I brought the tractor home.

I still need to change the hydraulic/HST oil and filters but I haven't found the right oil locally yet.

/ New CX2510!
I got my 90s on. Perfect fit. This is full curl. Definitely want to specify 90s on probably all hydraulic attachments for the CX2510 loader. Them sumbitches were on there tight from the factory too.

Thanks again @EverythingAttachments! This grapple is a beast. Made short work of a couple trees that fell recently. My only complaint is it took me less than an hour to do the work. :p

PXL_20210905_193312987.jpg

/ New CX2510! #43  
These folks are in Spokane if you're still looking for Hydro oil. Mobil 424, $86 OTD for 5g. Cheapest I found. Call ahead and they pull it for ya.
20210920_114841.jpg

/ New CX2510! #44  
Tractor supply around here sells Mobil Delvac for $50 for 5 gallons. Says right on the label..."Also known as Mobolfluid 424"

/ New CX2510!
I had Napa order the bucket of MobilFluid 424. Took a day to get it.

/ New CX2510!
Is there a Mod on this sub who could move this thread to Kioti Owning/Operating?

/ New CX2510! #47  
I just started my 50 hour services. I changed the engine oil and filter and drained and refilled the axle with 80w90 gear oil. In the above video of the Orchard Hill guy he mentions the axle is filled with hydraulic oil from the factory and that it needs to be changed out with gear oil at 50 hours. I thought this strange but sure enough that's what was in there. While I was looking for the axle capacity (3 liters) I found this warning in the service manual.

View attachment 711911

Had I known this earlier I definitely would have swapped out the very thin hydraulic oil with gear oil as soon as I brought the tractor home.

I still need to change the hydraulic/HST oil and filters but I haven't found the right oil locally yet.
I is confuseded. Again

Seems like it says that either can be used in the differential but not to use the gear oil in the transmission.

Makes sense to me. I don't see where it says to R&R the diff oil with 80/90 gear oil.

Mobil's site says it's okay in differentials unless they have a hypoid gear design. Again, I is confuseded. How can you have a differential without a hypoid gear? Unless it's straight-cut gears?? Which. I don't think is possible.

/ New CX2510!
I is confuseded. Again

Seems like it says that either can be used in the differential but not to use the gear oil in the transmission.

Makes sense to me. I don't see where it says to R&R the diff oil with 80/90 gear oil.

Mobil's site says it's okay in differentials unless they have a hypoid gear design. Again, I is confuseded. How can you have a differential without a hypoid gear? Unless it's straight-cut gears?? Which. I don't think is possible.

The R&R suggestion came from the video @pirogue1 posted earlier. Rereading the above it certainly does say either oil is ok and in the service manual it states "SAE #90 grade or higher or TM oil" so I guess both work. I am much more comfortable with gear oil in a diff than hydraulic oil although it's not like a vehicle diff that's spinning significantly faster.

On your other point, the front diff gear and pinion gear (obviously they'd be the same) are actually straight cut. gears.
Capture.PNG

/ New CX2510! #49  
The R&R suggestion came from the video @pirogue1 posted earlier. Rereading the above it certainly does say either oil is ok and in the service manual it states "SAE #90 grade or higher or TM oil" so I guess both work. I am much more comfortable with gear oil in a diff than hydraulic oil although it's not like a vehicle diff that's spinning significantly faster.

On your other point, the front diff gear and pinion gear (obviously they'd be the same) are actually straight cut. gears. View attachment 714348

Thanks for the diagram. Senior moment on my part. I'm allowed :)

80 weight gear oil is about the same as 20 weight engine oil. 90 weight gear oil is about the same as 50 weight engine oil. So an 80/90 gear oil is roughly equivalent to 20/50 engine oil.

I can't find the viscosity numbers of the Delvac trans oil mostly because I'm not very motivated today. Can't even guess what it might be, but I'm not one that cares a whole lot about heavier viscosity grades of lubricants.

I believe that the perfect lubricant would have the same viscosity as air and have infinite lubricating qualities. Of course, it would have to be in a perfectly machined engine and the metal wouldn't be allowed to expand or contract. Pistons are sometimes 'barrel' shaped so they can expand into the bore of the block. Gears heat up, too.

IMO, most damage done to machinery is on start up. Once it gets older and beat to hades, then it breaks when it gets hot. But, IMO, the real damage was done while it was cold.

Whatever.

Wish me luck when I go to do mine. I might need it. ;)

/ New CX2510!
Got a de-thatcher from CMP Attachments. Ordered Wednesday, was on my door step Saturday. I was able to de-thatch my 2.5 acres and lay down fertilizer and seed all on Sunday. Well made unit and glad to support a small business like this.

PXL_20211002_194746489.jpg

PXL_20211002_185021516.jpg