New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #91  
One more thing to consider is the governed rpm of your engine. The 1-5 volt or 0-5 volt may be good for static control but the ECU is also likely using that for governor control of the engine rpm, also it should have a timing function in there for the timing of the fuel injection shot.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #92  
One more thing to consider is the governed rpm of your engine. The 1-5 volt or 0-5 volt may be good for static control but the ECU is also likely using that for governor control of the engine rpm, also it should have a timing function in there for the timing of the fuel injection shot.
Thanks for the input. I'm not sure that ECU controls the maximum and minimum throttle/idle speeds. In this thread they showed a cable work around and this cable connects to the the front of the pump/timing cover where there are both minimum and maximum throttle speed settings and this is mechanical settings which I would think if the ECU fails to control the min and max, this mechanical side prevents a run away diesel effect or stalling at idle. But Ill keep that in mind. I had planned to first removing ALL electrical wire loom for backtracking of wiring etc. so I know its going to get messy but again this engine should be able to run without the ECU and to me, that makes it worth while to do the work since I no longer have warranty on the tractor and it gets expensive to fix emissions stuff that fails randomly.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #93  
How do you keep your throttle cable in place?
PXL_20240301_163835639.jpg

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #94  
I trimmed down the cable so it goes straight in the throttle lever on the left side, so it doesn't have that big loop in it. You have to be careful to only cut the outside housing about 2" before the throttle lever and then cut the inner rod to the correct length. I then zip tied the cable to that metal hydraulic line with probably 6 zip ties.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #95  
I trimmed down the cable so it goes straight in the throttle lever on the left side, so it doesn't have that big loop in it. You have to be careful to only cut the outside housing about 2" before the throttle lever and then cut the inner rod to the correct length. I then zip tied the cable to that metal hydraulic line with probably 6 zip ties.
I don't have a pic but I also trimmed down the cable this weekend.

Took a oscilating multi tool with metal blade to it very carefully to cut sheeting down.

Shortened it and the used a metal hose clamp to clamp the sheeting to that black metal U (whatever that is)

Put 15 hours on it this weekend and it's a dream to run now, full throttle control.

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #96  
Thank you. I have had multiple discussions with the New Holland dealership about this. He told me my specific year tractor has to be regenerated this way. It will go into limp mode if you do not park it and run at full throttle until all the regen lights go off. He said I could continue to work if I kept it at full throttle. I can do this while plowing snow or using the backhoe, but at others times I have to park it for the regen. Regen every 4 hours for 1/2 hour is what the 2015 Boomer 37 does.
I just re-joined and have the same problem. I have a Boomer 37 with 450 hours. Last 100 hours it has been regening every 3 hours. It has taken over an hour to regen, so I have shut it down myself, twice and bypassed the regen twice and now I am in limp mode where it won't go higher than 1800rpm, and it won't regen. Has your tractor gone into limp mode, and if so, Did you get it out yourself?

Thanks, Legacyman

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #97  
I just re-joined and have the same problem. I have a Boomer 37 with 450 hours. Last 100 hours it has been regening every 3 hours. It has taken over an hour to regen, so I have shut it down myself, twice and bypassed the regen twice and now I am in limp mode where it won't go higher than 1800rpm, and it won't regen. Has your tractor gone into limp mode, and if so, Did you get it out yourself?

Thanks, Legacyman
Watch the video.

Do the mod.

Free your tractor and get to work! :)

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #98  
I may have a messed up ecu on a boomer 47. Think you could go all the way mechanical/analog this way? Seems without the injection pump linear solenoid control and the emissions bs, the only purpose of the ecu is the tachometer, water temperature gauge, hour meter, glow plug control, and some starting interlock..

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #99  
Does your Boomer 47 even have a drive gear for a mechanical pump?

/ New Holland Boomer 37 in DPF Shutdown Mode #100  
Does your Boomer 47 even have a drive gear for a mechanical pump?
Yes. Same motor, one more cylinder.

CAN network is out, so I need a new ecu. I'm going to attempt cable operation, and replace the dead gauges and indicators with alternatives...

Last edited:

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

New AGT Forklift Forks with Plates (A34302)
New AGT Forklift...
NEW GREATBEAR 1.5 YARD SELF DUMPING HOPPER SCRAP RECYCLING EQUIPMENT (A34907)
NEW GREATBEAR 1.5...
9933 850 GALION DRESSER MOTOR GRADER 8717HRS S/N:G580010U201316 (A34733)
9933 850 GALION...
New Jisan Hydraulic Grapple (A34302)
New Jisan...
New 7' Work Bench with 18 Drawers (A34302)
New 7' Work Bench...
2269 LANDHONOR PLATE COMPACTOR (A34733)
2269 LANDHONOR...