Non-standard grease fitting threads?

/ Non-standard grease fitting threads? #21  
If a zerk won't take grease, it could also be a pivot pin for your FEL is clogged. (not for original OP here, but for zerks on the FEL)

I removed my curl pins, drilled the flow hole in the middle of the pin all the way thru to the other side to give grease 2 exits to choose from, if one gets plugged.

/ Non-standard grease fitting threads? #22  
Unfortunately, these dang Mahindra zerks are different. I have two different large multipaks of zerks. This one is not stopped up it is broke off. It is on the bottom of the front axle. To be honest, I am not even sure what it does. When it broke off gear oil from the front axle leaks out. Dont know why you would put grease in there. Anyway, I have been to ace and we thought we had it but ended up not fitting when i got back to the tractor. I will try Napa. Also, I think i found it on the parts diagram so I will check next week and see if any parts houses have it. It is $10 without tax or shipping.:mad: bit i guess I would pay $50 at this point. Got to have it or find someway to plug the hole.

/ Non-standard grease fitting threads? #23  
Has anyone done enough research to find out what size and thread pitch Mahindra uses for their grease fittings? I have a 4530 and the nipple portion is gone on the front zerk on the front axle pivot. It measures .375" outside thread diameter and 28 tpi on a thread pitch gage. Threading is straight, not tapered. 3/8"-28 is apparently used in some places, but I can find no US source. I have called my dealer, Mahindra parts in Houston, and several other local Mahindra dealers and no one knows what thread they are, and no dealers stock them. All can special order for a $2 part. If I never expected to need another zerk for this tractor I would not bother, but there are a lot of grease fittings on these tractors and they are not all the same. Here is a picture of the damaged fitting.
I went thru the same nonsense a few months ago. The first step is to measure it with a pitch gauge. A zerk pulled from my backhoe cylinder measured 5/16 -22. That turned out to be BSF threading. Of course no auto part store etc. had it. I had to mail order it from zerksplus.com.

/ Non-standard grease fitting threads? #24  
Same issue. NO tractor place around here had them. Every hardware store I've been in does.