Not Charging

/ Not Charging #81  
Pretty straight forward still on a YM 2000. My dash light would flicker!! Chased that for months and finally stumbled into it. Loose bad connection on my fuse panel. More corroded than I would have thought. That was more of the problem. Still ? how I found it!!...... Drove me nuts... Here is the 2000 dia. I just had out for anyone who may need it!!!!

Your electrical schematics is of the YM240 era.

I dug out all I had on the YM 4-digit 2000 machines.

Attachments

• YM2000X-ELECTRICAL SCHMATICS.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
   / Not Charging
Here are pics of mine.
IMG_20210504_073640982.jpg
IMG_20210504_073650805.jpg

/ Not Charging #83  
Your as bad as me on keeping things in order!! Ooops wrong thread :unsure: That's what I'm expecting to find on the filter if that..........

/ Not Charging
Your as bad as me on keeping things in order!! Ooops wrong thread :unsure: That's what I'm expecting to find on the filter if that..........
I was about to say, wrong thread , just discovered this myself when I came back to see if there were any replies. Those interested on the thread these belong too click here Check your hydraulic screen/filter

/ Not Charging #85  
Read this thread because I have a no charging situation on the YM 2020D. This alternator does not look like what you guys have. See picture. Hoye says its a dynamo. As I trouble shoot this, should I be getting DC volts out of the two wires from the alternator/Dynamo or AC? I checked today on DC and had no voltage. Its a $150 part so want to be very sure before I purchase.
20211002_161239.jpg
20211002_161236.jpg
20211002_161226.jpg

/ Not Charging #86  
   / Not Charging
I honestly have no idea. I thought my alternator was good at one point cause of a voltage reading I got at the unit. Not sure if I was reading the wrong type of volts but for whatever reason the volts were not getting to my VR and the. To the battery.

/ Not Charging #88  
When you think about it, there is absolutely no reason why one single design of alternator with an integral regulator wouldn't work for 99+% of all cars, trucks, and tractors in the world. Today, most alternators have the regulator built in. They spin, and generate the proper voltage to charge a lead acid 12 volt battery. And that's all they do. All an alternator really has to do is physically fit, which is easy because most alternators are run by a belt pulley and at close enough to the same RPM.

The only thing that alternators do is to charge a 12 volt lead/acid battery - and regardless of application those all charge at very close to the same rate. Batteries have little or nothing to do with make or model of what they are installed into. Batteries vary in size and position of the terminals, but we know that they are all basically interchangeable. Alternators could be and can be just as interchangeable too.

rScotty

/ Not Charging #89  
Dynamos put out ac voltage that will vary depending of rpm.

/ Not Charging #90  
Looking at the above pictures, that looks to me to be an alternator, not a dynamo. I do not know this set up, but, if it was mine I would set my volt meter to AC, then put the positive lead to one of the two output wires and the other to earth [ground]. Take a reading and then check the other output wire the same way. At a guess, one might be larger than the other. Now I'm still guessing, but the one with the largest output probably goes direct to the battery. The other, I'm still guessing, is from a voltage regulator somewhere on the tractor, that might be next to a rectifier. Whilst I have my multi tester in my hand, without the engine running, I would set the meter to resistance and check there is a good reading between the alternator and the tractor chassis. Lots of guessing here but I hope it helps.