Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt.
It's been a while since I've updated this thread, but we're always busy.
I built a drop ceiling under my deck and finished it off with metal roofing the drains into a custom gutter system. I also wired and installed 12 low voltage "can" lights which provide just the right ambience at night without being over powering. In the section that is under roof from above, I wired in for a ceiling fan/light (yet to be installed). A few pictures:

JV95M6b.jpg

amfhtv8.jpg

uS6PpCT.jpg

We also had our driveway at the house finished somewhat. We finally cut in the circle and the excavator put down a shale/asphalt milling sub base, then rolled it. We will finish it all with millings in the spring most likely:

OzVfVFy.jpg

unoEzT4.jpg
rVA11y4.jpg

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #163  
Thanks for the update.

Driveway looks so smooth! Hope it doesn't pot-hole up too badly on ya. What do you think the ratio is of shale to asphalt millings? Looks more grey than black.

Hot tub must be a nice place to spend an hour during sunset. Those lights dimmable?

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #164  
Count me in as still watching and enjoying! Looks good.

Thanks for the update.

Driveway looks so smooth! Hope it doesn't pot-hole up too badly on ya. What do you think the ratio is of shale to asphalt millings? Looks more grey than black.

Hot tub must be a nice place to spend an hour during sunset. Those lights dimmable?

That was just the sub-base, and I wasn't there during the application, but I would guess it's 70/30 or 60/40 shale/millings. If/when I finish the driveway with millings, it will be screened washed millings. They put them on with a paver at 4" thick and then tar/chip.

The lights aren't dimmable as they're just standard low voltage lights, but they don't put off a ton of light. The photo is a bit deceiving making them look brighter than they are. They're just ambient light mostly.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #166  
The ceiling came out really nice. So did the driveway. I bet you're very happy with all that you have accomplished!!!

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #167  
It's been a while since I have updated as I have been recovering from a back injury for much of the past year. I was able to complete some projects this summer/fall as my back has finally started to really improve. The driveway is finished, we put up a 24' pool, I put in a temporary fire ring/walkway to the pool, built a loft bed for my son, storage shelves in the garage, and now have turned my attention to the basement this winter. Hopefully I can update with pictures again.

I made a video flying around the property this fall where you can see clips of the house/driveway in them as well as the pool/firepit area.

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #169  
Awesome! Sorry to hear about your back; sucks to be laid up when you really want to be working.

Why would you push your strained back to build a "temporary" patio and fire ring?!?!? you're nuts lol.

Don't you need a pole barn? 2023 is the year. :)

/ Pennsylvania New Home Build Thread. An attempt. #170  
Sure looks nice there with those lush green pastures and Fall colors!!!!