Praying Mantis

/ Praying Mantis #11  
Interesting. Didn't know there were so many little ones. We have one inside about 1 a month. Usually about 4 or 5 inches long. Just get him onto cloth and take outside. That is much better than when we used to find a scorpion in the house, usually on a bed that was not used. Like the guest room. At one point, my wife got a UV light to check the room. UV makes then glow a green color and easy to find. Haven't had that problem for about 15 years now.

/ Praying Mantis
Interesting. Didn't know there were so many little ones. We have one inside about 1 a month. Usually about 4 or 5 inches long. Just get him onto cloth and take outside. That is much better than when we used to find a scorpion in the house, usually on a bed that was not used. Like the guest room. At one point, my wife got a UV light to check the room. UV makes then glow a green color and easy to find. Haven't had that problem for about 15 years now.

We also have the small scorpions. They can get into about anyplace.

/ Praying Mantis #13  
Here is one that was eating bugs by the shed light.

001_4.JPG

/ Praying Mantis #15  
Here they are raining on my head as they hatch from the egg case.

Attachments

• Image018.jpg
    Image018.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 168
I was kneeling under my hose reel when all of a sudden... Glad I had my camera.

/ Praying Mantis #16  
I know praying mantis are a real beneficial creature, but for some reason they really wig me out. Probably as a result of some B horror movie in the distant past.

/ Praying Mantis #17  
I know praying mantis are a real beneficial creature, but for some reason they really wig me out. Probably as a result of some B horror movie in the distant past.
Is it that, or knowing that after copulating the female bites the head off the male? I think that many of us can relate to a lesser version of THAT!

/ Praying Mantis #18  
They probably won't survive this time of year.. Especially if its cold out.
BTW...they eat each other also at that age when nothing else is available.

/ Praying Mantis #19  
Is it that, or knowing that after copulating the female bites the head off the male? I think that many of us can relate to a lesser version of THAT!
I never saw a woman recount that mating ritual without a gleam in her eye...