Pros and cons of using an over run clutch/coupler on pto??

/ Pros and cons of using an over run clutch/coupler on pto?? #61  
Here is a photo of the one I picked up. Supposed to be good for up to 70 hp. Have not had a chance to use and test it yet since mowing season is over in this neck of the woods. Hope it serves me well and does the trick.
Be sure to grease the internal pawl mechanism if it has a grease fitting. If not, put some grease inside the outer shield.

/ Pros and cons of using an over run clutch/coupler on pto??
Be sure to grease the internal pawl mechanism if it has a grease fitting. If not, put some grease inside the outer shield.

Yes, thanks 5030!! It has a grease nipple which is hidden by the shaft in that photo. I will certainly make sure to put the gun to it before I use it.

/ Pros and cons of using an over run clutch/coupler on pto?? #63  
When you install an overrun clutch, does the PTO shaft have to be shortened before use. To me l would think 2 or 3” would have to be taken off to keep from breaking the PTO mechanism in the tractor.

/ Pros and cons of using an over run clutch/coupler on pto?? #64  
When you install an overrun clutch, does the PTO shaft have to be shortened before use. To me l would think 2 or 3” would have to be taken off to keep from breaking the PTO mechanism in the tractor.

Something to check. Easy upgrade if adding Pat’s quick hitch.

/ Pros and cons of using an over run clutch/coupler on pto??

Yes, thanks. I will be looking at that as well once mowing season starts again.