Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ?

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #51  
The older style works just fine in your own yard and was used commercially for a long time. Less money than the hybrid and only real noticeable diffs are at each end of the run. I have had them and they worked great.

I do find it amazing How many new Hybrid inverted blowers are available this year versus what was available just over a year ago.

Inverted blowers are catching on in the US for real now.

I think the standard Inverted blowers are just going to be leap frogged and hybrid Inverted will become the dominant style blower, add in the advantage of being able to get in closer with less clean up at garage doors and the like, it makes them a winner for sure.

Last edited:
   / Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #52  
A big advantage to the hybrid blowers for the rest of us, are that the standard style inverted blowers are devalued and can now be found at a reasonably competitive price.
I sold my old Lorenz rear push blower and bought this Erskine inverted for the same price. It’s nice these blowers are within reason for the non commercial guys now.

IMG_2774.jpeg

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #53  
I had read somewhere that the conventional set-ups worked better in a situation where the snow is deeper or you are clearing a long lane- as the old ones could process more volume and depth.

For contractors those advantages don't apply as they will keep up with the storm and are largely doing tons of small residential drives. The key benefit to them is that when the blower is lifted it doesn't leave much of a pile- eliminating some back and forth to clear- really adds up when doing tens or hundreds of drives.
I'm not sure there's much difference at garage doors pulling forward but could be wrong.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #54  
I had read somewhere that the conventional set-ups worked better in a situation where the snow is deeper or you are clearing a long lane- as the old ones could process more volume and depth.

For contractors those advantages don't apply as they will keep up with the storm and are largely doing tons of small residential drives. The key benefit to them is that when the blower is lifted it doesn't leave much of a pile- eliminating some back and forth to clear- really adds up when doing tens or hundreds of drives.
I'm not sure there's much difference at garage doors pulling forward but could be wrong.
Huge diff in front of garage doors. The volume of the blower will pretty much be determined by fan diameter, width and the auger feeding it. I find them to be pretty much even in the big snow.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #56  
Huge diff in front of garage doors. The volume of the blower will pretty much be determined by fan diameter, width and the auger feeding it. I find them to be pretty much even in the big snow.
Thanks for the info-I'm unlikely to ever be able to do a direct comparison

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #57  

View attachment 821555
Well we finally had enough accumulation to try out my new Agrotrend Inverted snowblower. It’s different in the sense that I’m not blowing the snow at something/somewhere as opposed to swiping it away. Not sure if I can quite explain it. As you can see it scrapes the driveway like a close shave with a razor. I did install washers between the frame and sliders and I’d like another 1/2” of height but it is the first blow of the season. As the ice pack builds it should be easier to leave the gravel. Although I didn’t catch much. I like the fact that I’m driving forward (obviously) but because I’m driving in snow the traction seems better. It’s VERY easy to go slow when required without much tire slip, and the cutting edge totally removes any tire tracks. I’m sure that the more I use it the more I’ll be able to adjust to this style of blower. But for now I like it more than my previous back-em-up blower…
IMG_9864.jpeg
Ominous clouds in the picture due to the pending storm that’s just hours away….😬

Attachments

• IMG_2250.jpeg
    IMG_2250.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
   / Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #58  
Well we finally had enough accumulation to try out my new Agrotrend Inverted snowblower.... and the cutting edge totally removes any tire tracks. I’m sure that the more I use it the more I’ll be able to adjust to this style of blower. But for now I like it more than my previous back-em-up blower…View attachment 846308Ominous clouds in the picture due to the pending storm that’s just hours away….😬
I think we're finally seeing the US market wake up to Inverted Snowblowers as myths are dispelled.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #59  
I have a Normand 82”, it weighs about 1400#, and when the snow builds up on it, it adds a few hundred more pounds. When the snow is deep, it’s always best to back over the snow so you have traction on the way out. Going through deep wet snow with no previous tire marks makes dragging the blower difficult. Also, it is designed with no skid shoes so the blade scrapes the pavement clean.

Some videos of about a 14” storm, with heavy wet snow.

Kevin

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #60  
I'd been thinking about a snow pusher or plow for the Kioti eventually, but they're quite expensive in their own right. I wonder, would it be worth biting the bullet on a rear mounted snowblower? Particularly one of these hybrid units? I've thought about them before, and I always seem to go back and forth.

Well, I've got plenty of time to make a decision, I'm certainly not purchasing one this year. 😄