Raising an extension ladder

/ Raising an extension ladder #31  
Just did this today to work on a metal roof. Felt very stable and safe even though it looks like a real rig job.
Piece of cake, you're not really getting high yet and the roof is holding your weight 👍 I pictured the OP with a 24' extension ladder in his bucket in a more traditional use.
I've heard metal roofers say to wipe a gas soaked rag over the soles of some sneakers for traction and walk on the screw heads.

/ Raising an extension ladder #32  
   / Raising an extension ladder #33  
Years ago while while renovating my moms house so she could sell it our 40‘ ladder couldn’t reach up to the 3rd story peak to prep & paint the trim, so a friend and I built a six foot high platform in a couple of hours out of junk wood and anchored it by driving metal fence posts into the ground and nailing it to the platform. On top we used rope to secure the ladder to a brace inside the attic window as well as the platform and I was able to scrape, prime and paint (2 coats) the wood trim (brick house) on the south side, then we moved the whole thing over, rinse and repeat. Mom sold the house for 279k in 89, it is now worth nearly 2 million (9,000 annual taxes).

/ Raising an extension ladder #34  
I have
Years ago while while renovating my moms house so she could sell it our 40‘ ladder couldn’t reach up to the 3rd story peak to prep & paint the trim, so a friend and I built a six foot high platform in a couple of hours out of junk wood and anchored it by driving metal fence posts into the ground and nailing it to the platform. On top we used rope to secure the ladder to a brace inside the attic window as well as the platform and I was able to scrape, prime and paint (2 coats) the wood trim (brick house) on the south side, then we moved the whole thing over, rinse and repeat. Mom sold the house for 279k in 89, it is now worth nearly 2 million (9,000 annual taxes).
Did something similar where I took a set of my masonry scaffolding and perched my 40’ extension ladder on it. Nailed a 2x behind the ladder feet on the scaffolding planks to keep ladder from sliding.