Tires Say WHAT!!

/ Say WHAT!! #21  
I would not worry if you could get the Goodyear. Titan bought Goodyear's AG tire division a couple of years ago. I would not be surprised to find the Goodyears and the Titans of the same size are made in the same molds.

/ Say WHAT!! #22  
Can you get an impliment on the back, with a hydoulic lift. Just a thought to help get it home

/ Say WHAT!!
First off, I failed to thank everyone so far for their comments and links to the various web sites. :thumbsup: I am in the process of looking into every last one of them.

Is it possible to leave the center and weights on and just take the "outer rim" and tire off?
I went out to look and that won't be a option. As you can see from this picture the nuts are on the inside of the wheel making it a nightmare to try and remove the center.
28.jpg

I also did a REAL fast online search and .premiertire dot com shows they have a Titan R1 in a BLEM in your size? Maybe worth checking as it could save you a bundle!

The idea of a blemished tire bothers me much much less than the idea of a different brand. After all I've been buying blem auto batteries my whole adult life with no problems what so ever. I sent them a email. Fingers crossed.

I also sent the tire guy the same four pics I posted earlier to see what he thinks about patching/tubing it OR putting back into the mold. Still waiting to hear back. (It is Sunday)

/ Say WHAT!! #24  
Dt86, I wasnt really clear this morning, but if you could drive a little ways on the flat, just to get in an open area, do you have a neighbor or local farmer friend with big impliments that have something with hydoulic wheels. You would be able to put them down and be able to get ur machine home on 5 good wheels without destroying your rim. A big cultipacker, or a big disc or something. Problems arent as bad anymore once your in your driveway. Stuck far from home stinks bud, ive been there!

/ Say WHAT!! #25  
When I took the rear tire off my TN to fix a NSS I didn't have the rear weights but the tire was loaded still. I used a 1/2" extension to get out to where I could get a breaker bar on it and popped the nuts without much trouble. So I believe you should be able to do it on your own without power tools.

Can the rear weights be removed fairly easily? Their not fun I know but they need to come off regardless to fix that tire unless you can get a truck with a crane there as the tire guy still needs to be able to move the tire around to work on it.

Another option to remove the rim from the cast center is to access the bolts from the rear. If you can block the rear of the tractor up and put it in neutral you can rotate the rear tire to line up the bolts to where you can reach them a little easier from the 3pt hitch area.

If I was in your situation I would try driving it. The tire won't damage the rim and at worst you mark up the tire. At least get it to where you need to access it but watch the tire so you don't roll it off the rim (of course it will be lighter then).

/ Say WHAT!! #26  
Dt86, I wasnt really clear this morning, but if you could drive a little ways on the flat, just to get in an open area, do you have a neighbor or local farmer friend with big impliments that have something with hydoulic wheels. You would be able to put them down and be able to get ur machine home on 5 good wheels without destroying your rim. A big cultipacker, or a big disc or something. Problems arent as bad anymore once your in your driveway. Stuck far from home stinks bud, ive been there!

Those items won't lift the rear of the tractor off the ground. They will only add weight to the back of the tractor.

/ Say WHAT!! #27  
To get the tractor out of the field, I would just put as many plugs as it takes to fill the hole, pump it up with a potable compressor or use a CO2 tank, and drive it out. It will still leak but should hold air long enough to get you back to the barn. We have done this a number of times to trucks when off-roading. It is a lot easier to change the tire at the trail head than out in the mud.

/ Say WHAT!! #28  
Robert_in_NY said:
Those items won't lift the rear of the tractor off the ground. They will only add weight to the back of the tractor.

I kinda figured that, but just tryin to pull a rabbit out of a hat to help the guy just get home.

/ Say WHAT!! #29  
Ain't no easy way out of this unless you just pull out your checkbook.

/ Say WHAT!! #30  
DT86,
Titan no longer offers a field hazard warranty on the tires, and for everyone else's FYI, Firestone still does and the only one left as far as I know.

Now for a couple of questions: do you have a neighbor with a tractor you could hire to help? In that case you could always borrow/rent a car hauler and load up the tire dealers service truck to get it to the tractor. Or a loader tractor where you could put a gas driven portable compressor in the bucket and take the tire guy out to it and they might be able to plug it well enough to get the tractor to where they can do the service needed.

Looks pretty bad but if the tire dealer could put a section repair in the tire and even though not the cure, at least you'd be back in business until it failed or a replacement tire became available. If it does hold up if I were you I'd be sure to keep it as a spare/backup in case you ran into problems in the future.

It's a gamble of course trying the section repair, but can assure you that the tire dealer won't even do it unless they're fairly certain it will hold up at least for a while and inform you upfront if they're reputable at all.
Al