source for D03 solenoid valve with "Deutsch Connector" (lower height/clearance)

/ source for D03 solenoid valve with "Deutsch Connector" (lower height/clearance) #1  

orangetree

Silver Member
Tractor
kioti ck2610
I need a D03 manifold & valves with slightly lower height. The common style with "DIN" connectors is typically about 6.5" tall - slightly too tall to fit where I'd prefer to mount it.

The best option I've found would be these, with "Deutsch Connectors". The lower total heigh, around 5.5", would fit fine.

I can't find a source. Summit sells them but only as part of a full kit which I don't need and is 2x the price. For stand-alone D03 manifolds & valves, they only sell the DIN connector style, and won't substitute.

1661376945874.png

For reference here's the (taller) "din" style
1661376972408.png

Specifically I need a 3-valve series manifold, all hyvair 2c flow (Tandem Center), if that matters. I've chosen industrial (Dxx) valves over a monblock or cartridge or here because
  • I don't want the unpressurized cylinder return flow to dump-to-tank (need it all flowing out the "power beyond"port - all monoblock valves i can find do support PB, but only route the cylinder 'exhaust' to atmospheric]tank port),
  • the Dxx valves have significantly lower pressure loss / waste heat than say cartridge valves when in center position. (and I can't find an easy source off-the-shelf for series-plumbed cartridge valve manifolds - seems the market is all custom applications?)
  • a totally different style (wiring out the end of the solenoid?) would be great, too, i am just not seeing anything

Thanks!

Last edited:
   / source for D03 solenoid valve with "Deutsch Connector" (lower height/clearance) #2  
Have you already purchased the DIN valves? If not Eaton - Vickers, Parker, Rexroth all have Deutsch connector options.

/ source for D03 solenoid valve with "Deutsch Connector" (lower height/clearance) #3  
Maybe here?

/ source for D03 solenoid valve with "Deutsch Connector" (lower height/clearance)
Maybe here?

Thanks, that's at least the right model, and for sale with a price! FWIW, I had searched bailey's and grainger and surpluscenter (plenty of valves, no Deutsch as best i can tell). Also, Hyvair has a sku for these, D03sds (vs the typical D03s; and they also have a bare-lead version D03L which would be even better) - but I can't find them for sale, at least not through my online search.

I understand places like Summit can likely get very good prices by either going abroad, and/or just selling a decent number of a limited set of skus ... but at 3x$225 + ~$200 for a manifold; that's roughly the same price as Summit sells the whole kit (brackets, fittings, harness, switch); Hoses are probably throw-away for me, but much of the rest is usable.

How's the quality of Summit parts? Any suggestions on cheaper options for what I'm doing?

Attachments

• Hyvair_Solenoid_Valves D03 series 35.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
   / source for D03 solenoid valve with "Deutsch Connector" (lower height/clearance) #5  
What is it that you want to do, and for what purpose?

Why not just use manual valves? :unsure:

Last edited:
   / source for D03 solenoid valve with "Deutsch Connector" (lower height/clearance)
What is it that you want to do, and for what purpose?

Why not just use manual valves? :unsure:
three solenoid valves - two rear solenoid remotes (top & tilt, a personal project I'd like to automate), and a 3rd function (grapple via new rocker on loader lever). All Tandem valved

Grapple circuit is mandatory, and needed now - and overall effort isn't a whole lot more (esp considering the final install will be a lot cleaner with just one manifold), so i'm doing all three now, one trip to the hose shop, etc.

Edit: I should add that, for my small tractor / open-center system, afaict this setup (industrial valves, single-manifold) is about as good as I'm going to get for "parasitic" losses with all valves in center, with an off-the-shelf solution ... absolutely open to a better option.

Last edited:
I should add that one "less-common" design goal for the 3rd function / grapple:

I would like to be able to operate the grapple AND the loader, at FULL FLOW, for "unloaded repositioning" operations - eg, open grapple & lower FEL with both going at full speed (full hydraulic flow). I'm accomplishing this by putting the new valve block (also, the required OP valve) upstream of my FEL valve.

Obviously this "free lunch" isn't actually that.
  • if i fully open / dead-head one of these valves, or otherwise stop/slow movement of the cylinder, the OP valve triggers and there is no flow downstream to the FEL. But this is fine, i'm aware of it while using.
  • If I try to move a load with grapple and FEL simultaneously, I'm still working within the limits of my system pressure.
  • but unlike a monoblock (at least the ones i can find), which supports PB but shunts flow from the unloaded cylinder to [atmosphere pressure] tank, not PB, I at least have the option of using full-flow for both simultaneously, such as when their unloaded and I'm just moving around / positioning to grab something.

Last edited:
   / source for D03 solenoid valve with "Deutsch Connector" (lower height/clearance) #8  
I should add that one "less-common" design goal for the 3rd function / grapple:

I would like to be able to operate the grapple AND the loader, at FULL FLOW, for "unloaded repositioning" operations - eg, open grapple & lower FEL with both going at full speed (full hydraulic flow). I'm accomplishing this by putting the new valve block (also, the required OP valve) upstream of my FEL valve.

Obviously this "free lunch" isn't actually that.
  • if i fully open / dead-head one of these valves, or otherwise stop/slow movement of the cylinder, the OP valve triggers and there is no flow downstream to the FEL. But this is fine, i'm aware of it while using.
  • If I try to move a load with grapple and FEL simultaneously, I'm still working within the limits of my system pressure.
  • but unlike a monoblock (at least the ones i can find), which supports PB but shunts flow from the unloaded cylinder to [atmosphere pressure] tank, not PB, I at least have the option of using full-flow for both simultaneously, such as when their unloaded and I'm just moving around / positioning to grab something.
If you want to put the new valve block right after the pump, don't forget one thing, those blocks typically don't have a relief valve unless you specify one. Things get a lot more expensive if you blow the pump.

don't forget one thing, those blocks typically don't have a relief valve unless you specify one.
new valve block (also, the required OP valve) upstream of my FEL valvevalve

Absolutely! ;) but thanks for being sure

The only potential issue i see here is that, without a dump to tank, the "industrial" valves in series have the possibility of introducing overpressure downstream:
  • Valve 1 open to extend the cylinder, which is partway through its stroke and ~unloaded
  • Something downstream blocksflow:
    • In my proposal this would be a valve in the d03 manifold, since the next item after the d03 manifold is the FEL's overpressure valve
    • In the typical plumbing of these "industrial valves as rear remotes" (summit) or as 3rd function (4port wrlong), the d03 manifold is in series upstream of at least the 3pt hitch valves, for which there are no OP valves afaict
    • Same issue either way ^
  • Now the "free to move, except flow is blocked" cylinder on valve one acts as a pressure multiplier
Especially if the ratio of blind/rod areas in the cylinder is high (like 2-to-1), this would seem to theoretically double (eg, ~~6000 psi!) The pressure seen downstream. Thats ... hose burst level??

I would have discarded this whole idea, except this exact same (theoretical?) issue is induced by well-respected aftermarket solutions afaict?

/ source for D03 solenoid valve with "Deutsch Connector" (lower height/clearance) #10  
All I'm going to say any further is that you should be sure of when you purchase whatever it ends up being that the supplier will stand behind the product when-if there are issues. Some of these places DO NOT.

Good luck with the project.