Split ramps for equipment trailers

/ Split ramps for equipment trailers #21  
Oh, apologize my friend. I thought they were spring loaded
Carry on!
BTW: you are a terrific contributor to TBN (y)
Thank you for the compliment!

/ Split ramps for equipment trailers
So now I'm looking at this ramp topic last night and see there might be a split "monster ramp" with diamond plate steel decking....
So that gives you the ability to load anything and also full length flat deck capability.....

/ Split ramps for equipment trailers #23  
Yep, I think I could handle these:

/ Split ramps for equipment trailers
Yep, I think I could handle these:
Have those on my 35' GN.

1619446899419.png

I want a smooth, but traction surface for 2 zero turns or other small wheel equipment when needed. Inverted angle iron may be a little rough.

Last edited:
   / Split ramps for equipment trailers #26  
I am sure the main reason is cost. One thing I have not seen mentioned here about having large ramps on smaller, bumper pull utility type trailers, is that if you put all that weight on the tail of a 14-16 ft utility trailer you quickly make it difficult to keep enough tongue weight on the the tow vehicle when the trailer is unloaded, there is only so far you can move the axles back to compensate for this, as you dramatically reduce the load capacity since you don't have much tongue weight to work with. I have driven several short trailers like that, not fun to drive 55mph even with a 3/4 ton truck when the trailer is empty.

/ Split ramps for equipment trailers #27  
If you watch the video in the first post in this thread, you can see the ramps on my trailer. As I mentioned earlier, it is my most used trailer. I put about 300 miles on it today with my L6060 loaded to go do a job south of New Orleans.