Started my tower stand today

/ Started my tower stand today #241  
Got this guy from the tower this morning at 70 yards. Ava was excited as we spent 9 hours in the tower today and I had to convince her to come in at lunch time.

It is a 16ス" outside spread 10 point that I would have let walk if I was out by myself but Ava is so excited anytime we can shoot one.

View attachment 346184

Congratulations, That is a "big boy" down this way.. We just don't have the crops to feed them to get big. Upstate towards Iowa they are a lot bigger.

/ Started my tower stand today
Congratulations, That is a "big boy" down this way.. We just don't have the crops to feed them to get big. Upstate towards Iowa they are a lot bigger.

Thank you.

There are not a lot of row crops in this area but we keep planting food plots all over the farm. We do as much as we can to help the deer and turkeys thrive. Ever since our neighbor adopted our management practices there have been bigger and healthier animals.

I used to bring playdoh with me when I'd sit in the blind with my girls. It's quiet and they have a blast making different things with it. Lately, their attention span has gotten a little better, but at 1.5 hours, they start getting antsy if they don't have something to keep them busy. They're 7yo and 9yo.

On the weekends if she gets bored she will watch Netflix on my phone but during the week she does homework and I go over it with her. If we see a deer we pause the homework till we decide on if the deer is a shooter and if it will be in range. But for the most part she likes looking through the binoculars and trying to spot a deer before I do :)

Robert, might be cheap to build something like one of them fish'n shacks y'all NErs use for winter lake fishing. Build it with collapsible insulated walls
on a small trailer.

If I'm going to build something it would be permanent like the tower. It needs to be stout enough to survive heavy winds and snow. The camper idea started out as a way to scout locations for permanent structures till I saw the price for used units. I'm still going to start with one and use it to fine tune where a permanent site would be ideal but keep my eye open for more campers at prices too good to pass up.

Got this guy from the tower this year during shotgun season, 13 points, 20.25" inside spread 20201129_073418.jpeg20201129_083558.jpeg

/ Started my tower stand today #246  
Great buck!!! thanks for the update. I haven't seen you on here in awhile, hope all is going great for you.

Thanks Eddie, been busy. Trying to spend more time with the family and less online. Been going to look you up. Did you get your campground up and running yet?
Great buck!!! thanks for the update. I haven't seen you on here in awhile, hope all is going great for you.

This is a 14pt my daughter got last year, I don't believe I shared it on here. 20191013_085429.jpeg

/ Started my tower stand today #249  
Thanks Eddie, been busy. Trying to spend more time with the family and less online. Been going to look you up. Did you get your campground up and running yet?

That's a fantastic buck that you daughter got!!! You live in a great area for huge whitetails.

I abandoned the RV Park idea awhile ago. The closer I got to going into huge debt, the more I hesitated and questioned myself about it being something I wanted to do 24/7 for the rest of my life. I met a lot of RV Park owners and not one of them liked running things. They loved building it, but hated the day to day, never ending maintenance and repairs that come with it, and dealing with everyone's problems. Remodeling homes has proven to be more profitable and pretty much stress free.

/ Started my tower stand today #250